Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Skyhighsim - 50% price reduction

I notice that there is a 50% reduction in the price of Skyhighsim addons at SimMarket until the end of August. I just wondered if anyone has any experience of any of the three Balkan airports on FSX? These seem to be an exceptionally good bargain at the moment but would like to see some reviews before going for them.

Bill

Am very tempted as they look to be great value at the price but the only one with reviews is Tivat and the reviews themselves are a bit mixed with one star from 2 reviewers and another person reviewing the product twice and giving 4 and 5 stars!

Bill

I went for Tivat last week and now I'm tempted to go for Belgrade as well. At this price Tivat is great value; a unique approach in a part of the world without too much scenery in FSX. Very nice modeling and easy on frames.

I'd post a screenshot but that functionality seems to have disappeared unfortunately...

James

James - you can't "upload" screenshots anymore (if that's what you were trying to do), only upload a link to the image (kept on the cloud store of your choice). Rich Sennett shows a good demo of how it's done with pics here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/443551-size-of-pic-for-posting/?hl=%2Buploading+%2Bimages#entry3000842

Scroll halfway down for the post.

Hope that helps

Eugene

I bought all 3, I haven't flown in Poland before - but I like short flights from payware airports.

My knowledge of Polish geography is pretty basic, so I've knocked up a couple of maps to orientate myself, thought they might be useful to other purchasers so am posting them here:

jq6lfs.jpg

x5utcp.png

First time I've posted pics under this system - but I followed Rich's instructions, and it seems to have worked OK, at least in preview - Thanks Rich!

Eugene

One more for Tivat - very unusual procedures and nicely done (for FSX in my case).

Belgrade is still rather frame rate-heavy, and the 3rd one (Osijek) is in a location I am not really interested in. (I mean Tivat has the sea AND the hills!   B))

And IIRC, neither one is located in Poland!   :rolleyes:

Bought all three SkyHighSim airports  (Belgrade, Tivat and Osijek) as I felt that since they were so cheap there was very little to lose.

I really am very glad that I did as they are of very good  quality and a real steal at the current bargain price. All three airports are very nicely modelled with a lot of detail. although Osijek is a very small airport. Belgrade is very nicely done and does not seem to cause me major frame rate issues (although I don't routinely monitor frame rates I checked a smooth flight with the Real Air Duke and the frame rates were in the mid 20s). My only (minor) criticism about Belgrade is that they could have done with putting some more static autogen aircraft on top of the photoreal scenery of what appears to be an aviation musuem in the airport grounds, but that certainly does not detract from this great scenery.Tivat itself has an interesting approach through very beautiful scenery but Osijek is quite a small airport without very much going for it as a destination. The other bonus is that on a few short preliminary flights, all three airports seem compatible with FTX Global and FTX Open LC EUR (I don't use FTX Vector but use UTX for vector data).

Overall a great bargain for the three at just over EUR20 and will provide some nice new destinations to visit in the world of OpenLC EUR. Highly recommended!

Bill