Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

R6025 Error is Back in V2.3

Hi TrafficPilot,

Exactly what I'm experiencing and yes, I to have a Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS running on my hardware. I've been flight testing more today and not one single problem with the tessellation turned ON, except my scenery issue and that sucks  :(  Again my frame rates are very exceptable, my clouds are wonderful, and it just runs smooth.

Everyone should note I just found out that LM may be releasing version 2.4 tomorrow (Sep 29th).  :o  The change list is long with many revisions to rendering. I for one will download the full version and start from scratch being I don't have much loaded at this time. It will be good to see what has been done. Cheers!

Am tempted to try the patch route first. Doesn't look as convoluted as the previous 2.2>2.3 patch.

Will it fix the R6025 error? Here's hoping!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi everyone,

LM has in fact released version 2.4 today and I am downloading it as I write. It will be worthwhile to see if this version has eliminated any of our issues, good luck and please report back what you find. Regards!

I started with a clean install of 2.4 and it did not show any errors while it was left alone. I did reinstall all my ORBX sceneries and it still looked good. I then reinstalled all my add-on aircraft and the error started to show up. I actually never had it in 2.3. There is no weather engine active at the moment so I believe it is one of the aircraft. I have Carenado Bushmaster, Phenom, A2A Piper, Lionheart Kodiak and a few older FSX planes which however were all around in 2.3 as well. Seems like a longer trial and error exercise. Happy to read about any experiences from other users.

Hans

I started with a clean install of 2.4 and it did not show any errors while it was left alone.

When are you getting the error? I get it 100% of the time when shutting down P3DV2.4. I also did not have an issue with a "clean" install of 2.4. Only after installing addons. I have the latest version of ASN installed but that definitely is not causing the problem as I have it disabled and no weather is enabled. I thought it was My Traffic X but disabled it and still got the error. Since I am now getting it 100% of the time, I hope to be able to pinpoint where my crashes are coming from. I plan on moving the dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder. Also disable all addon scenery. If it is still occurring, then it has to be an aircraft addon. The only aircraft addon I have is the CS777. It may take some time to work on this as it's busy Friday and the weekend is coming up.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, last night I uninstalled the .net framework and reinstalled. I also deleted all my graphics drivers, reinstalled, deleted the shaders and investigated my Win7 error log which showed a couple of errors related to the Peer Networking services. I disabled those (no networking here) and so far the error is gone. I also enabled the confirm exit option in P3D. May well be that I found the culprit with one of these actions but no certainty as to what it was and if it comes back. I did not change any aircraft or scenery add-ons. Best, Hans

PS: Disabled the confirm on exit option again and error did not show again so far.

Hans

I disabled those (no networking here) and so far the error is gone.

Hi Hans,

Hopefully your problem is fixed. I did what I said I would do....

Moved dll.xml and exe.xml to temporary folder.

Disabled all addon scenery.

Started up P3D with the F35 at KLAX. Hit Ctrl+C to exit. No R6025 crash.

Moved dll.xml and exe.xml back to Roaming folder. Started up P3D with the F35 at KLAX. Hit Ctrl+C to exit. R6025 crash.

Disabled FSUIPC.dll in dll.xml. Started up P3D with the F35 at KLAX. Hit Ctrl+C to exit. Still received the R6025 crash.

Disabled RAASPRO. Started up P3D with the F35 at KLAX. Hit Ctrl+C to exit. No crash.

So in my situation, the RAASPRO for P3D causes the R6025 error. I can make the crash happen 100% of the time when RAASPRO is enabled in the dll.xml. However, I should note that RAASPRO was working well and identifying runways, taxiways, etc., like it is suppose to do when enabled and during a P3D flight session. It only causes the crash when I exit.

So far I have not seen this crash during a flight in P3D2.4.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi all,

It's interesting that FireHawk44 only gets the R6025 error on exiting P3D whereas TrafficPilot and I both experience it within minutes after starting a flight with tessellation turned OFF (where scenery is being actively used)? If your not aware of this here are some basics about tessellation...it's fundementally a mathmatical process of subdividing polygons. Polygons are used to "form" (in flight simulator) the earth's land formation (the mesh). In a typical game polygons form the characters bodies and faces. Tessellation is a means of subdividing the polygons to make them smaller (finer) hence "smoothing" the surface texture, making it more natural (the better quality being like that of Shrek in the Disney movie). This does not come without a price, if tessellation is turned ON it makes the surface texture look better, BUT the CPU (or GPU in the case of P3D) takes a major hit having to calculate the subdivision's in each rendered frame AND the memory used to get the rendering done (memory allocation can be seen in real-time while running P3D). This accounts for the loss in FPS when tessellation is turned ON instead of OFF and will vary depending on the type of hardware you're running, such as your video card (GPU). This is why I'm wondering about my older video card?

Yet I still beg the question, WHY when tessellation is turned OFF does the R6025 error rear it's ugly head, WHAT ties a rendering feature to this error (a program call of some sort)? I have another related rendering problem involving "Scenery Tearing" that goes hand-N-hand with the tessellation process because that in itself is tied to rendering mesh and turning tessellation on and off makes a CONSISTENT difference. That is how I discovered the R6025 error, trying to rid myself of the scenery tearing (again a mesh issue historically seen in FS9 and FSX). So there does seem to be a common factor involved. As far as a particular program being singled out such as RAASPRO there may be something more hidden going on such as the procedure calls someone else eluded too (programmers had a more exact term for it but it evades me) that such a program may use that incites the error. In other words, ANY program could incite the error depending on if it uses the specific internal call. Maybe not all addons use the offending call hence one persons delima compared to the next, so the solution is not necessarily fixing RAASPRO itself but finding the call (internal coding) which is the culprit within the program, it's purpose, and relation to the problem. Maybe someone might find a different addon that consistently creates the same fault as FireHawk44 has experienced and tie those two together pointing more directly to the problem? All the comments I have read seem to be pointing at something related in the rendering process hence my concern about hardware and drivers, but still nothing which an end user has access too through P3D settings, video settings, or configuration files?

Also, this weekend I'll be starting over from scratch with version 2.4 BUT to try something I think most have not tried extensively. Installing P3D and NOTHING else and testing it for a good duration (say a week or better) using ONLY default scenery and aircraft! Honestly, has anyone used P3D for more than a week and maybe two dozen hour long flights using only DEFAULT scenery and aircraft WITHOUT any issues cited here? I can honestly say I haven't, WHY are we all banging our heads against a brick wall trying to isolate addons when possibly, it has not been determined P3D is NOT without issue standing on it's own? When having issues like these a fundemental troubleshooting step is to return to basics. How is it possible to isolate a problem when we install P3D and then immediately "corrupt" it with addons BEFORE we ABSOLUTELY determine P3D is working on our various systems under varying scenarios using ONLY default scenery and aircraft? Maybe P3D will work without fault standing on it's own but personally I cannot claim this to be true. I had already installed addons BEFORE I experienced these issues so in my case I can not say with certainty the issues didn't exist in a "clean" install of P3D on my system OR that the addons are to blame. How many can absolutely make claim to this?

Also, I think (?) I have an extra video card laying around (I believe an NVidia) which I might try in my system and see what differences that will make. I just don't want to change my system hardware enough to incite a registration blizz (a situation where my software thinks it's running on a different machine...a real pain N the kester that can cause a system rebuild). Replacing my current video card might provide more insight? I'll post again when I have tried some of this.

Regards

I was getting the error within 5 minutes with tessellation switched off when I had FSUIPC installed. I removed FSUIPC and can run for over an hour with tessellation on or off.

I don't run FSUIPC and recieved the error after installing the Aerosoft Airbus 318/9, which has the RAAS programme included. Removing the entries for RAAS and the Flight Recorder from the DLL.XML file fixed it, as did ticking the "confirm exit" dialog box.

I hear what you are saying ILEllis on whether it's something fundamental to p3d but at the end of the day for my situation I can create and fix the problem without suffering default p3d for a week!

Jason Jackett

TrafficPilot and I both experience it within minutes after starting a flight with tessellation turned OFF (where scenery is being actively used)?

A good summation of your problem! It helps for investigating these issues. As I stated above, I was getting the R6025 error whenever I shutdown P3D (Ctrl+C). Disabled RAASPRO, and the crashes stopped. Tessellation was turned on.

Since you were having issues with tessellation turned OFF, I decided to try and replicate. I flew around the LAX area for about 30 minutes and no crash. I did a Ctrl+C to shutdown P3D and I got the crash. I then tried GHD's recommendation to disable FSUIPC. I got no crash when exiting with FSUIPC disabled. I have the FSUIPC 4.936 version installed.

It makes sense to me that the RAASPRO and the FSUIPC utilities could create a pure function call R6025 as they say on the Internet that there is an issue with programming. However, I ran AppCrashView and got the following error report:

IntegratorReportIdentifier=5b396467-4c95-11e4-9ba1-240a64073e17

WOW64=1

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[1].Value=2.4.11570.0

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[2].Value=542314d3

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name

Sig[3].Value=MSVCR100.dll

Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version

Sig[4].Value=10.0.40219.332

Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp

Sig[5].Value=4e1a9f56

Sig[6].Name=Exception Code

Sig[6].Value=40000015       (means STATUS_FATAL_APP_EXIT. Your app causes an unhandled runtime exception during shutdown).

Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset

Sig[7].Value=0008d6fd

I found the following link provides the best explanation for this error (pure function call) and may help in diagnosing and fixing this problem - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5115611/in-windows-does-the-exception-unknown-software-exception-0x40000015-occurred.

Since the faulting module was the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 program that is used by developers to make sure their program is installed properly, I'm thinking that our programs were not installed properly or the MS Visual 2010 is not the latest version. According to Google, the version I have (10.0.40219.332) is the latest for Microsoft Visual 2010. There is a hotfix for this version but it does not look like it applies in this case.

So far I have not been able to cause a R6025 error, pure function call, during a flight. Only during shutdown. This error does not occur with everyone who installed the latest version of P3D. I installed my P3D in the default (x86) folder. Maybe those who are not having problems installed it in the C:\P3D folder as recommend by some computer people who are a lot smarter than me. But I do have UAC disabled and have made sure the P3D folders are shared by every user.

Hope this helps!

Removing the entries for RAAS and the Flight Recorder from the DLL.XML file fixed it, as did ticking the "confirm exit" dialog box.

Good info but where did the error or crash occur? During flight like ILEllis and some others related or during shutdown?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I worked intensively last night and today uninstalling my old 2.3, cleaning everything up (I deleted everything and anything to do with P3D or associated addons) and installing the new 2.4. As previously stated I have no plans to install any addons (whatsoever) until I have a chance to thoroughly test P3D in the raw. Right off the bat the errors are coming back consistent. During the install of 2.4 I received the notorious...

<Could not write value Complete to key \Products\A8FF3B2933C3CFE458D0FC925E24299D\Features. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.>

...I hit the IGNORE button as I did during my original virgin installation and the install completed without further ado (still that error is disconcerting). Anyway, I jumped back into P3D without changing a single P3D setting except for checking my control settings for my Saitek peripherals. Before I could say spit P3D locked up during my initial flight with the following error...

<Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program:C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv2\Prepar3D.exe R6025 -Pure Virtual Function Call>

...Tessellation was OFF in P3D. I tried a second and third flight all ended abrutly with the same error. So, I turned tessellation back ON and started a new flight. Once again without fail my scenery is tearing (those nasty little triangular shards of blue all over the terrain) but the R6025 error never showed up. Several flights later still no R6025 error with tessellation ON.

So, basically with not one additional addon the R6025 error and the scenery tearing persist and are a constant without fail. I have no need to isolate an addon because there are none! I will over the course of this week continue to test in several areas to see if I can change the consistancy of these errors by installing new video drivers (older versions I just obtained), maybe a new video card altogether, and further modifications to the P3D settings and configuration files. I will continue to make test flights of varying lengths.

I have similar posts over in the LM forums and will post these results there also hoping someone will take note considering the amount of chatter surrounding these issues.

P.S. After installing P3D v2.4 I right clicked the Prepar3D.exe file to check the version number, it updated after this FULL install. Previously when I had installed the patch from 2.3 to 2.4 that version number did NOT update as one would expect.

Cheers

Quick note about my install of P3D. As with FSX I never install to the Programs x86 folder but to the root drive. In my case P3D resides in...

C:\LockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv2\

...and even though I do this UAC and all that Windows stuff is turned OFF since my system is dedicated as a flight simulator.

Regards