Sign in to follow this  
TrafficPilot

R6025 Error is Back in V2.3

Great fix Steve!  Way to go with your troubleshooting.  I'm wondering whether to add this to the AVSIM CTD Guide or not. :rolleyes: :lol:

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hehe, yes please. :lol:

Funny though, I never had any errors in P3D before, it was from MSVCR100. I'd had some updates to Win8.1 in the few days prior to it, but otherwise was too busy to have been messing with anything on the PC. The last thing I had done in P3D was try different screen resolutions, and had just gone back to normal 1920x1200, loaded a saved flight in the air, left the room for a few minutes with it paused, came back to see the R6025 message. I'll be renewing my license later and have a play around.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

When you run appcrashview you'll see the msvcr100.dll shown as the faulting module. But, during the P3D flight session, you'll see the R6025 Pure Function Call error on the screen. It is a Microsoft Visual 2010 issue. I'm just wondering if a different version of the MSV2010 is installed that messes up P3D. For instance, I installed P3DV2.4 and had no problems with a clean installation. I do recall installing RAASPro for v2.4 and think I saw Microsoft Visual 2010 being installed again. I also recall seeing Microsoft Visual 2010 being installed when I install the PMDG 777 for FSX. So, is one of those installation messing up P3D (if they actually do update or install the MSV 2010 again). And why is the 2010 version being installed again? Any setup program should see that the 2010 version is already installed on your system so why is it installing it again? I'm thinking of doing a repair install of V2.4 (after backing up the P3D.cfg, dll.xml, and scenery.cfg).

Thanks Steve for your help.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi FireHawk44,

For instance, I installed P3DV2.4 and had no problems with a clean installation.......So, is one of those installation messing up P3D (if they actually do update or install the MSV 2010 again). And why is the 2010 version being installed again? Any setup program should see that the 2010 version is already installed on your system so why is it installing it again?

Ummm...interesting observation. One can only agree that NO installer should OVERWRITE your current software unless maybe it has correctly tested the current version and found it to be an older version or my favorite, providing a popup so you can examine the different versions and approve the overwrite. Some folks like to leave well enough alone, unless of course there are new functions within the new version required by P3D. This installer issue would not be new, wouldn't be the first time install programs were doing something "under the hood" that was unwanted (whether intentional or not). Your observation could be a logical reason for the diversity of the problem also because even non-flight simulation software installed on a system could be a factor, something I looked into after reading your post. Even what I describe as a bare bones system (like mine) could be impacted by the various versions of these modules installed on each individual system by other program installers. After you mentioned this I went back and did some checking, I remembered I had loaded little things on my system that might affect the Visual version (nothing to do with P3D) but might interfere with P3D like you describe BUT none of mine were loaded AFTER P3D rather BEFORE? Leaving only the P3D installer to change this. So that brought me back to my question concerning a clean install of P3D and nothing loaded AFTER the fact. WHY does P3D error in my case BUT not in your case? That is puzzling? Does it take another program install to mess it up or is it a problem with the P3D installer? Anyway, good catch, keep digging!

Regards

I downloaded the latest version (MSV 2010 w/SP1) last night and it did a repair which I thought was strange yet I still have the error but only when exiting. I see Nvidia installs their version of the MSVCR100.dll and places it in the Nvidia folder. Wondering if there is a an issue between that version and the one in the system32 folder that P3D is using?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

See the following link for a temporary solution to this problem - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452549-r6025-runtime-error-continues-in-v24/

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM