Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

777 Lose All Response - Electronics and Flight Controls Frozen

Was flying a late night flight in my PMDG FedEx B777-200F from Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan (OAKN) to Dubai International Airport, UAE (OMDB). As I am descending towards Dubai at FL200 all of the sudden I notice that my PFD, ND, EICAS display, and lower EICAS all freeze. The simulator is still functioning, and the plane is still descending, but all displays freeze. Something's very wrong right? I try moving the yoke to disengage the A/P... after all it may be a similar situation that unfortunately happened to AFR447. But when I move the yoke, nothing happens. There is no response. I pull the AP disengage bar, nothing. The plane keeps in it's form, so I check Shift+Z to see where my plane's at and it's at 17000 feet still descending.

Just for fun, I click the battery switch and some hydraulic switches on the overhead to see if the plane responds to that. Nothing. Click some light switches, nothing. The switches don't make any sounds and the engines are stuck at idle. At this point, it's obvious that this is a glitch and not a catastrophic failure. It's like the cockpit just completely disconnected from the plane.

At about 10000 feet, the plane banks 90 degrees, losing most of its lift, going towards the ground at an increasing rate. I eventually end up smashing into the ground at well over 600 knots, about 50 NM away from Dubai  in the desert.

Strangest thing I've ever seen, and also, I should note that it seemed like the plane disconnected from everything as soon as I crossed my last waypoint and got the End of Route message in my FMC to switch to ATC vectors.

P.S. I saw some similar posts in the forum about the 777 freezing, but this seems a little bit different, because the switches and stuff weren't frozen, it was just like the cockpit was locked out of the actual plane.

Anyone have a solution, or experiencing the same thing?
My regards,
Nathan3219

Nathan, please send a ticket to PMDG here about this. They are currently working on collecting as much data on these freezes as possible, so the information you provide would be extremely useful.

Regards.

Same issue. Lost an 11 hour flight last night because of this. It happened on final approach

15 minutes ago, JA806A said:

Same issue. Lost an 11 hour flight last night because of this. It happened on final approach

This is a 4 year old post, and the last post mentioned that you should reach out to support. The recommendation of that post is important, even 4 years later. Resurrecting a 4 year old thread, however...

Kyle Rodgers

On 12/27/2018 at 1:13 PM, scandinavian13 said:

This is a 4 year old post, and the last post mentioned that you should reach out to support. The recommendation of that post is important, even 4 years later. Resurrecting a 4 year old thread, however...

I’ll pass on submitting a ticket and dealing with your horrible support staff. 

Yep, 4 year old thread. You’d think the issue would be fixed by now, you know in a patch.

Since in 4 years there are no other reports, and also no tickets about that I would say that is either fixed or induced by something else in the user system. I do not see any tickets ever submited by you on our ticketing system so I am not sure how you ended up to the conclusion that we are "horrible support staff"

• Like 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

11 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Since in 4 years there are no other reports, and also no tickets about that I would say that is either fixed or induced by something else in the user system. I do not see any tickets ever submited by you on our ticketing system so I am not sure how you ended up to the conclusion that we are "horrible support staff"

They say so on reddit ;-D

From personal experience PMDG support staff are very helpful and work with the devs if needed to solve a problem. They are definitely NOT one of these outsourced 'customer service centers' located in a low wage region but very much in house, polite and quick. Definitely more polite than on the forums but that's to be expected if you publicly accuse a company of a defective product before the issue has been fully researched. 

I'm pretty sure ephedrine was intending to add '/s' after his post! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm pretty sure ephedrine was intending to add '/s' after his post! 

🤪

Edited by Ephedrin