Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

777 Lose All Response - Electronics and Flight Controls Frozen

Was flying a late night flight in my PMDG FedEx B777-200F from Kandahar Airbase, Afghanistan (OAKN) to Dubai International Airport, UAE (OMDB). As I am descending towards Dubai at FL200 all of the sudden I notice that my PFD, ND, EICAS display, and lower EICAS all freeze. The simulator is still functioning, and the plane is still descending, but all displays freeze. Something's very wrong right? I try moving the yoke to disengage the A/P... after all it may be a similar situation that unfortunately happened to AFR447. But when I move the yoke, nothing happens. There is no response. I pull the AP disengage bar, nothing. The plane keeps in it's form, so I check Shift+Z to see where my plane's at and it's at 17000 feet still descending.

Just for fun, I click the battery switch and some hydraulic switches on the overhead to see if the plane responds to that. Nothing. Click some light switches, nothing. The switches don't make any sounds and the engines are stuck at idle. At this point, it's obvious that this is a glitch and not a catastrophic failure. It's like the cockpit just completely disconnected from the plane.

At about 10000 feet, the plane banks 90 degrees, losing most of its lift, going towards the ground at an increasing rate. I eventually end up smashing into the ground at well over 600 knots, about 50 NM away from Dubai  in the desert.

Strangest thing I've ever seen, and also, I should note that it seemed like the plane disconnected from everything as soon as I crossed my last waypoint and got the End of Route message in my FMC to switch to ATC vectors.

P.S. I saw some similar posts in the forum about the 777 freezing, but this seems a little bit different, because the switches and stuff weren't frozen, it was just like the cockpit was locked out of the actual plane.

Anyone have a solution, or experiencing the same thing?
My regards,
Nathan3219

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nathan, please send a ticket to PMDG here about this. They are currently working on collecting as much data on these freezes as possible, so the information you provide would be extremely useful.

Regards.