Sign in to follow this  
raymar

EarthSimulations has a big 50% off sale for one week - dl and box

Cheers K

Kevin, Do you know if that is a big invisible wall around Douglas marking restricted air-space and if you fly into it FS reports that you crashed the aircraft?

Downloads finally finished after I went to bed. 

Started up P3D V1.4 for Parking 1 Small @ EGNS (Isle of Man), and uh-oh: Terrain.dll error - P3D would not start.

Switched region to NA, and it came up fine. Switched region back to Global and no more error. Whew!

PHENOMENAL detail! As soon as I un-paused, I could see the cement truck dumping a load, with the backhoes working on a construction project in the South parking lot. Looking around it was very clear we were no longer in Orbx land! Unbelievable amount of detail.

Took off in the C337 (best site-seeing aircraft ever!), and quickly realized that the level of detail comes at a price: FSUIPC started its soft chiming, telling me disaster was imminent, and about 15 minutes into the flight down she went. Going to be a balancing act, that's for sure.

Very very good scenery model! Just need to fiddle with the knobs a bit.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Kevin, Do you know if that is a big invisible wall around Douglas marking restricted air-space and if you fly into it FS reports that you crashed the aircraft?

I've never had that problem no, but I think someone else did - see here..

https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/223283-isle-of-man-my-aircraft-is-exploding-over-ramsey

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I've never had that problem no, but I think someone else did - see here..https://earthsims.us...ing-over-ramsey

Thanks for the help Kevin. I take a look at that later.

Anyway I think it is safe to say that Earth Simulation Isle of Man is the best Rural and Big Town scenery that I have ever seen! I do love my ORBX regions and I would have said that ORBX Quality was second to non but after today I know better. I will certainly be looking at the other items that they have for sale.

BTW I went to the Isle of Man several time as boy with my family and the scouts. Last time I was there I was 13 years old. That's 34 years ago and I recognized the ferry port in Douglas! LOL

Can anyone confirm there is no compatibility issue between IOM and FTX Global?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Heya John, 

Based upon the explicit statement by John Venema to let Earth Simulations have Isle of Man to themselves, I would expect no conflicts.

John

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

John,

As far as I am aware, P3D v2.3 does a much better job of managing VAS than v1.4......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Heya Christopher, 

That is my understanding as well. I have begun compiling my to-do list for migrating to P3D, most notably changing my Orbx DVD collection into downloads at the Flightsimstore. Looking forward to it, although I do have to start saving more nickels and dimes since I also want to put P3D V2 on a dedicated SSD.

John

John Howell

I have just moved to P3D, and it looks like I will have to wait a while for the "P3D installer" versions of all of the ORBx English airfields. EGHI Southampton has been done, but when the others will arrive is anyone's guess. Does anyone know if the existing versions can be installed OK in P3D with the Estonia Migration Tool, or are there issues?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello,

I bought Isle of Man. I was forced to interrupt the download, do you know if the installer can resume charging when it stopped ?

Otherwise is there an other possibility to download this big one with Getright and so on ? It's really painfull I'm not ready to wait + 20hours for this stuff, really ! If I don't find a solution to that, I think I'll go see my banker...

Thank you in advance,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Downloading now at a painstakingly slow  speed!   Not liking the installer...I too would prefer to download 13GB with my internet downloader manager....be very disappointing with an interruption at 12.9GB with no resume capability!!!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

I have a feeling their sale is quite successful - server is very slooooooowwwwww.

I do have to reiterate that I like the ESInstaller. Keeps track of everything, know what you have and I can only assume what needs to be updated. It is kind of like the GEX installer, which I also enjoyed.

Orbx could learn a thing or two have an automated inventory manager!

John Howell

Should be fine, ES have a set of autogen definition files available free on the website that should enable ES and OrbX sceneries to co-exist quite happily :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Richard / John

If you're happy with installing a scenery manually ( with instructions to follow ) send us a note via the ES helpdesk and I can sort that out for you. 

Hi,

Note sent just now, please can you include in your answer the process to erase completely the installer and the partial download. And btw, like John sorry I don't like the installer.

Thanks and Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|