Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for FSX/P3D

Yeah, the version number is a typo in the EXE file header, but it matches the configuration and manifest files, though. From where did you download the February, 2016 version?

Thanks.

As per my email to you last night, I was hoping to try the version you are using first, as you said that didn't crash, or "hardly ever"

Pete

There's a new version?  o.O  As someone who has had a share of those crashes, I'd be highly interested.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Greg,

Scroll up in this thread to where I posted a link to the author's blog. You'll find links to several new versions for FSX, FSX-SE and P3d.

Greg,

Scroll up in this thread to where I posted a link to the author's blog. You'll find links to several new versions for FSX, FSX-SE and P3d.

Okay, I'll do that.  Thanks Jay.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Greg,

I finally got this working in FSX-SE with this version (specifically produced by the developer for FSXSE)

www.mediafire.com/download/d6b10dn3mqkc70h/AirTrafficManagerFSXSE_Radar.zip

Thanks to you for your help in finding a version that worked and the original developer for producing such a useful utility. This sure is going to result in smoother flights to areas like NYC, Chicago, and London where the amount of AI really hits performance.

Thanks again

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yeah, the version number is a typo in the EXE file header, but it matches the configuration and manifest files, though. From where did you download the February, 2016 version?

The original lnk in this thread and repeated at the top of each page: 

http://www.mediafire...X-P3D_Radar.zip

The text associated with the link says it is "New temporary release 1.9.0.6" but it gets this year's version, as I said.

I finally got this working in FSX-SE with this version (specifically produced by the developer for FSXSE)

www.mediafire.com/download/d6b10dn3mqkc70h/AirTrafficManagerFSXSE_Radar.zip

That one is also older than the version actually obtained using the link in this thread at the top of each page, the one which says "Best Answer".

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The text associated with the link says it is "New temporary release 1.9.0.6" but it gets this year's version, as I said.

That one is also older than the version actually obtained using the link in this thread at the top of each page, the one which says "Best Answer".

Pete

The one marked Best Answer doesn't work with FSXSE at least on my system. The one I posted, specifically declares the FSXSE Simconnect version="10.0.62615.0 in the Manifest file. I'm wondering if I just changed the one in the later file (The one marked Best Answer), would that work? I think I'll try that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Note that this version eliminates having separate FSX and P3d versions, so just ignore any previous instructions regarding a separate P3d version.

Could one of the Mods edit the "Best answer" post to indicate that the version number is 1.9.1.3, dated 1/17/2016? Thanks.

The one marked Best Answer doesn't work with FSXSE at least on my system. The one I posted, specifically declares the FSXSE Simconnect version="10.0.62615.0 in the Manifest file. I'm wondering if I just changed the one in the later file (The one marked Best Answer), would that work? I think I'll try that.

Assuming you downloaded it from the "Best Answer" link recently, and it is the version I mentioned, all you need to do is install the FSX SP1 and SP2Accel SimComnnect's provided in FSX-SE's folders

Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

and

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

Just execute (double click) the simconnect.msi files you find there.

This is well worth doing in any case. There are lots of applications which use those and won't connect to the FSX-SE specific ones (which changed on every release -- about 6 times over 3 months!)

FSUIPC accepts almost any known version. I got fed up changing things every time! ;-)

Pete

Assuming you downloaded it from the "Best Answer" link recently, and it is the version I mentioned, all you need to do is install the FSX SP1 and SP2Accel SimComnnect's provided in FSX-SE's folders

Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

and

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK

Just execute (double click) the simconnect.msi files you find there.

This is well worth doing in any case. There are lots of applications which use those and won't connect to the FSX-SE specific ones (which changed on every release -- about 6 times over 3 months!)

FSUIPC accepts almost any known version. I got fed up changing things every time! ;-)

Pete

Did all that, and I just downloaded the one posted as Best Answer yesterday (Ver 1.9.1.3), which didn't work. The version I posted is only one revision behind (Ver 1.9.1.2) and is the only version that works on my system.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Did all that, and I just downloaded the one posted as Best Answer yesterday (Ver 1.9.1.3), which didn't work. The version I posted is only one revision behind (Ver 1.9.1.2) and is the only version that works on my system.

Strange. It works fine here, except for the occasional crash, which was why I started posting here. I'm running it on a Client PC, and there's no FSX-SE SimConnect 62615 there.

Pete

Strange. It works fine here, except for the occasional crash, which was why I started posting here. I'm running it on a Client PC, and there's no FSX-SE SimConnect 62615 there.

Pete

Actually there is, it's the FSXSE native version located here

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

and this is the entry in the manifest file

<dependentAssembly dependencyType="install" allowDelayedBinding="true" codebase="Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll" size="108608">

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect" version="10.0.62615.0" publicKeyToken="5F523AE7E6E1B389" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="x86" />

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Actually there is, it's the FSXSE native version located here

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib

I think you misunderstood.  I do not have any versions of FSX, FSX-SE or P3D installed on my Client PC, only on the main Server PC, and the Jan 2016 version of AirTrafficManager works perfectly well (except for the occasional crash, the reason for my earlier post). So, it doesn't need 62615 SimConnect. I'm pretty sure it uses the SP2/Accel version now. Earlier versions used the SP1 version. Best to install both.

If you've actually installed FSX-SE on a PC, part of the installation process would have been to run the SimConnect.msi you've found in the SDK folder. That copy is there in case folks want to also install it on a Client PC.

Pete

[...] So, it doesn't need 62615 SimConnect. I'm pretty sure it uses the SP2/Accel version now. Earlier versions used the SP1 version. Best to install both. [...]

Sorry. This doesn't work. We need Simconnect 10.0.62615.0 from Steam. This is not part of the P3Dv3 redist folder. Everything else (like modifying the manifest file) do not work too.

Any idea where to download this Simconnect version? I have no glue...

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Sorry. This doesn't work. We need Simconnect 10.0.62615.0 from Steam.

FSX-SE has never been near the PC I'm using AirTrafficManager on!

The version of AirTrafficManager I downloaded from the link in this thread, the link in the "Best Answer" message, the ZIP dated 17th Jan 2016, the one with Version Number 1.9.1.3, most certainly does NOT need and won't use 62615. Even the manifest supplied with it explicitly states 61242 -- which is actually the FSX SP1 edition.

So it seems you have the wrong download, still.

Pete

• Upvote 1