Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

what is the best monitor for my new Rig for FSX

I just replaced my aging three 19 inch Samsung VGA monitors running off the original VGA version of the Matrox Triple-Head-to-Go with the LG 34 inch ultrawide HD curved monitor which runs at 3440 x 1440. I mainly fly the Level D 767 but occasionally the PMDG 737, mainly because I have lots of hardware in my home cockpit that works with those planes (CDUs, MCPs). The monitor installed easily and I did not have to do any tweaking of fsx.cfg or install any drivers for the monitor to work using the display port off my NVidia 660 card. The improvement in performance, resolution and clarity, and overall territory for display of the virtual cockpit were stunning.  The PFD and PND were larger and almost as crisp as the actual instruments on the real plane.  I could easily read the waypoint labels on the PND and the annunciations on the EICAS screens.  A flight to EGE flying over Denver, the continental divide and the final descent into Eagle-Vail with Megascenery Earth Colorado and Ultra-Res Denver supplemented with the Heart of Colorado scenery was simply breathtaking.

I had considered the 29 inch LG model, but it lacks vertical height which lessens the visibility of the VC.  The 34 inch LG does not suffer from this and has even more vertical height than my old 19 inch individual monitors.

Yes there is bleeding on the corners when the screen is dark (flying at night), but I can live with that given the other virtues of this display.  It was expensive, but perhaps not that much when you consider what it would have cost to replace my old aging VGA monitors with a newer version of the Matrox box and three new smaller HD displays.

I highly recommend this monitor if you can afford the considerable price.

Well thats good news - I knew you would enjoy it - pretty sweet for the money and thanks Glenn for his initial input glad I took his advice thats for sure - I am also using DP as I did with my Assu 27" 2560x1440

Rich,

You are welcome and glad you are happy with it. It really is a beast of a monitor. :im Not Worthy:

I'd like to get 2 more benqs for 7680x1440 ... not sure a gtx 770 4gb can handle that though....outside of performance, can a gtx 770 handle 7680? Would I need another 770?