Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

what is the best monitor for my new Rig for FSX

Thanks Rich, moving from a 28" Samsung (which is beautiful) but I have missed the real estate of 32". Will check out the wide screen issue as that is what I've been using for a long time.

Copy that $100 off plus free shipping deal.

Not sure its not wide screen format as it is stated its 16:9 format - let me know what you figure out- you tube has a few games showing some flickering but no flightsim - have fun - oh I ma using display port at the moment have not tried other connections to my Titan

Rich Sennett

Has anyone used a 21:9 ultrawide such as the LG 34um95 (3440x1440)

I wish I could have this monitor in the center with  two smaller xxx x1440 monitors for Left and right (for a three monitor setup.

I am not sure why we cannot have three monitors with different resolution as long as the ht resolution is the same on three monitors.

NVidia needs to provide for a driver where we can do that.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Rich,

Now its not flickering in widescreen - no sure why but I'm not going to complain

Rich Sennett

Now its not flickering in widescreen - no sure why but I'm not going to complain

Good to hear Rich, I'll report my results on Monday eve.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Richard,

Are you still happy with the Benq 32" monitor?

I've seriously considering it. Hopefully it will work with my ASUS GTX660 card.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Richard,

Are you still happy with the Benq 32" monitor?

I've seriously considering it. Hopefully it will work with my ASUS GTX660 card.

Billy Bluestar

I luv it - did not notice any fps hit going from 27" asus 2560x1440 to the 32" 256x1440 - go for it - for the size - quality and tons of  osd settings to play with its great

Rich Sennett

Second day with this same BenQ 32" unit and concur with Rich, it's excellent. First used HDMI then switched to DP and no issues with either. Beautiful colors, no flickering issues and have not even gotten into tweaking it. Loving the 32" and 2560x1440 immersion. Great purchase for use with a GTX780.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Second day with this same BenQ 32" unit and concur with Rich, it's excellent. First used HDMI then switched to DP and no issues with either. Beautiful colors, no flickering issues and have not even gotten into tweaking it. Loving the 32" and 2560x1440 immersion. Great purchase for use with a GTX780.

Well thats good news - I knew you would enjoy it - pretty sweet for the money and thanks Glenn for his initial input glad I took his advice thats for sure - I am also using DP as I did with my Assu 27" 2560x1440

Rich Sennett

Dumb question, this BenQ 32" monitor a 16:9 ratio.   Does that make any difference for FSX add-ons like PMDG that are designed for a 16:10 ratio?  Also, I'm about 27 inches from my monitor face - do you consider that too close for a 32" monitor?  Might 27-28" be more practical?  Thanks.

Dumb question, but isn't this BenQ 32" monitor a 16:9 ratio?  If so, does that make any difference for FSX add-ons like PMDG that are designed for a 16:10 ratio?  Also, I'm about 27 inches from my monitor face - do you consider that too close for a 32" monitor (this one in particular)?  Thanks.

Ratio does nothing to your experience if anything it makes it better - been using 16:9 forever - thats why you have the choice in the sim to make it widescreen - I have my 32" in the same position as my 27" looks great

I would take advantage of this 100 dollar off promo before they are gone

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014372&cm_re=32%22_benq-_-24-014-372-_-Product

Rich Sennett

I luv it - did not notice any fps hit going from 27" asus 2560x1440 to the 32" 256x1440 - go for it - for the size - quality and tons of osd settings to play with its great

Rich,

I purchased the Benq 32 and just got it installed. I would be interested in how you've got your monitor set up.

Thanks for the input on the Benq 32.

Billy Bluestar

Rich,

Billy not much I can tell you as I am using user mode which means I am using my settings for contrast - brightness - etc. I did use the windows monitor calibration - you can google that pretty easy - and I used a benq monitor profile -  thats it - have fun

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_bl3200pt.htm        review here

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm                3rd one down in the benq list is the profile - I didnt notice any difference but you never know - all reviews I have seen suggest to do this

Rich Sennett

Rich,

Thanks for the input. A lot of good information.

Billy Bluestar