Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Bouncing Dash 8 after P3D install

For reason i dont know my FSX installation is bouncing now but the P3D version does not.

Did not do that before P3D installation. No trick works

Any ideers ? Latest build 1.010 updated to 1.011

Tried the load order ,ini changes and AM settings and even no overcloking with no result

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you have FSUIPC try turning off the auto save...worked for me.

Ryan

Ryan

Aircraft becomes unstable (jumps or bounces) upon the engine start, taxi or the takeoff
  • The most common reason for this problem is when using FSUIPC utility with situation auto saving option enabled. Such option must be disabled for the Q400 to work normally. If still no success, may I suggest making the following change to the mjc84.ini configuration file (found in the /ini folder inside the mjc8q400 folder)
    [sYSTEM]
    TimingSource=1
    disableFDEtoFSXSync=1
    If you still have a problem after this, the next suggestion would be to check your computer CPU cores to make sure your FSX, when ran with some default aircraft, is not using all of the cores for 100% about once per minute for 10-20 seconds. If this is the case, you might need to change the affinity settings of the FSX to free at least 1 CPU core.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Tried to reinstall the FSX version again and now its opposite.Now P3D is bouncing tsk!

Looks like you can only have one version installed at a time ?

Michael

Aircraft becomes unstable (jumps or bounces) upon the engine start, taxi or the takeoff
  • The most common reason for this problem is when using FSUIPC utility with situation auto saving option enabled. Such option must be disabled for the Q400 to work normally. If still no success, may I suggest making the following change to the mjc84.ini configuration file (found in the /ini folder inside the mjc8q400 folder)
    [sYSTEM]
    TimingSource=1
    disableFDEtoFSXSync=1
    If you still have a problem after this, the next suggestion would be to check your computer CPU cores to make sure your FSX, when ran with some default aircraft, is not using all of the cores for 100% about once per minute for 10-20 seconds. If this is the case, you might need to change the affinity settings of the FSX to free at least 1 CPU core.

Offcause i tried all this before but how do you explain my post just above ? btw. its upon loading the aircraft at a gate

Now FSX is working but not the P3D ?

Michael

It also looks like the panel state is not loaded correctly when the bouncing takes place either in P3D or FSX because the FMS´s is not lighted up.

Right now the FSX version is ok i guess at the gate but not the P3D version

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

IIRC when you use the Dash8 in both FSX and P3D they must both be on the same HDD. Is that the case?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It's the copy protection. If FSX and P3D aren't on the same drive it will do that then a reinstall will make it for the last one you installed to and the other one will bounce.

There is a fix for it if you did install on 2 separate drives but it requires editing the registry

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1544/fsx-and-p3d-v2x-on-separate-hard-drives-two-installs-on-the-same-pc-original-title

Copied from their forum:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Install the Q400 for FSX
2. Export
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Majestic Software\mjc840
to a file

3. Install the Q400 for P3D
4. Export
to a file with another name.

Now before you fly the particular flight sim, you will need to double
click on the file in order to import the correct key into the registry
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Of course you put those 2 reg files on your desktop and switch between the P3D ofr FSX registry entries

I ended up doing a reinstall of P3D to the same HDD because of this same reason ....so take your pick

It's the copy protection. If FSX and P3D aren't on the same drive it will do that then a reinstall will make it for the last one you installed to and the other one will bounce.

There is a fix for it if you did install on 2 separate drives but it requires editing the registry

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1544/fsx-and-p3d-v2x-on-separate-hard-drives-two-installs-on-the-same-pc-original-title

Copied from their forum:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Install the Q400 for FSX

2. Export

to a file

3. Install the Q400 for P3D

4. Export

to a file with another name.

Now before you fly the particular flight sim, you will need to double

click on the file in order to import the correct key into the registry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Of course you put those 2 reg files on your desktop and switch between the P3D ofr FSX registry entries

I ended up doing a reinstall of P3D to the same HDD because of this same reason ....so take your pick

You might be spot on. Did not think of that at all. Thats not pretty need of majestic. Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Well it did not help with the registerfix.i need to install either version first.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I had the issue with a couple of A2A aircraft, both in FSX and P3DV2X, and it was a very simple fix for me-- set your terrain mesh to 19 or 10 and see if that fixes it. Lower than 10 meters gave me the bounce. I only had it happen at one airport and it has something to do with FSX/P3D incorrect elevation for the airport. I am using FSGenesis mesh and the recommended setting is 10 meters.

Anyway, give it a try as you can easily set your terrain mesh back to where you had it.

Hope this simple fix is the answer for you also.

Lyn

I had the issue with a couple of A2A aircraft, both in FSX and P3DV2X, and it was a very simple fix for me-- set your terrain mesh to 19 or 10 and see if that fixes it. Lower than 10 meters gave me the bounce. I only had it happen at one airport and it has something to do with FSX/P3D incorrect elevation for the airport. I am using FSGenesis mesh and the recommended setting is 10 meters.

Anyway, give it a try as you can easily set your terrain mesh back to where you had it.

Hope this simple fix is the answer for you also.

Lyn

Hi Lyn

Thanks but this does not work either. I can only install one version at a time on my PC regardless having them on 2 seperate drives, all FAQ tricks has been used for now anyway but thanks again for posting

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png