Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

LINDA Q400

Trying to tune the radios and swap frequencies with the Q-400 module.

1.  The frequencies in the aircraft do not change when I change them on my VRInsight Combo.

2.  When I click swap on my Combo, I get "LUA.0:  RADIOS : Empty command for :: COM1 Swap"

I'd troubleshoot but that code in those libraries is quite involved.  

Can someone help?

Gregg

EDIT:   Spot checked other commands like ALT, HDG, Altimeter and they're working fine.  Also checked another aircraft and it's working fine.  Tried various things...making sure both ARCDUs are on, etc.  Adjusting the frequencies and swapping in the aircraft works fine.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ah...I found the other thread that says that the Comms aren't working with the Q400.  Something they really need to get fixed.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Yes, they have an advanced radio setting through the FMC ... I doubt if this could/would ever be "fixed"

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, they have an advanced radio setting through the FMC ... I doubt if this could/would ever be "fixed"

H Guenter,

On the surface, that's a puzzling statement.  You can still set a frequency manually with the ARCDU.  I noticed that it has some interesting logic that doesn't line up with the typical 'frequency change-swap'  logic.  My thought is that it might take some custom logic for the COM panel side of the VRInsight panels.  Further, I'd expect that there are a number of folks that would like to have Q400 home cockpits and that would be hampered significantly by having to revert to a mouse for that.  Seems like, at the minimum, they would want to provide an interface.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

They said they would provide access to it via an SDK in the next version that they make i.e. not in the basic Pilot edition. It's been so long since it's release that I have forgotten what the other versions are called that they intend to release in the future, if in fact they ever do, it looks unlikely though doesn't it. I'm on hiatus from FS at the moment, I haven't touched the sim since Destiny and now Shadow of Mordor came out, lol.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi,

New to LINDA, and the docs are great.  I'm using the latest versions of Linda and FSUIPC.  I can program a button to toggle NAV1 Ident, as seen on my "Elite AP 3000 Avionics Panel" but can't change/toggle LSK2 on the ARCDU to make NAV1 Freq. active, for example.  As stated, not user friendly to mouse click LSK2.

I have no idea on the code to execute in the Majestic module; also tried many other combos from the existing Q400 template as well as the FSX area.

Any ideas on how to program this or is this a 'Majestic' hard code issue?  

With the above said, the Majestic and the TDFi are the only reasons I fly P3D 

Charlie

LINDA accesses the Majestic Q400 controls using Lvars supplied. None of these deal with the FMS buttons so I am unable to advise on how to access them. I have the MJC8 Q400 Pro edition 1.020a for P3Dv4.x. It may be that the more expensive Training edition provides the necessary Lvars. See this link.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the info.  LINDA is a great tool - thanks for developing it!  I too have the PRO version.  I've found that XP11 and many of the aircraft work most of the controls on the AP 3000 utilizing the BAJU software interface.