Sign in to follow this  
g_precentralis

VNAV Speed Band missing?

At the page 10.10.7. of the vol.2 FCOM, you can see VNAV Speed Band is offered as an option but cannot find a way to enable it in PMDG 777. Is it simulated or not? If not, why not?

33ct7pj.jpg

Is it simulated or not? If not, why not?

You're right.  As indicated, it's only an option.  I don't recall it being simulated, but I don't know why.

Kyle Rodgers

It's interesting that we got very advanced systems properly simulated, and this simple tape is missing (I allow for possibility that behind simple tape, there is bunch of code and unique logic driving it).

I was unaware of the tape until I recently saw it at one operator. Does operators like this option to be installed or not?

It's not a big deal, I can live without it.

and this simple tape is missing (I allow for possibility that behind simple tape, there is bunch of code and unique logic driving it).

Never.  Ever.  Assume things are simple when it comes to software...

Kyle Rodgers

Interesting speeds depicted on the tape though. Assuming that this feature is meant to show up only with flaps up (as proved by the missing flap ref speeds), this screenshot must have been taken during a vnav path pitch flight through the stratosphere...

Interesting speeds depicted on the tape though. Assuming that this feature is meant to show up only with flaps up (as proved by the missing flap ref speeds), this screenshot must have been taken during a vnav path pitch flight through the stratosphere...

That's just generic image Boeing use in their manuals, it's made with some vector image editor. This situation would be impossible to capture in flight.

That's just generic image Boeing use in their manuals, it's made with some vector image editor. This situation would be impossible to capture in flight.

So I hope no RW pilot will try this and reference to that part of the manual... :blink: 

(just kidding)

It is probably representative of the scale using duknots instead of knots (1 dk  = 2 kt) :P

Dan Downs KCRP

It is probably representative of the scale using duknots instead of knots (1 dk = 2 kt) :P

Yes, must be something like that. B)

In fact it would be interesting to know why these quite "awkward" speeds made it through the approval.

Probably it is a hide and seek created by a "funny" author. :lol: 

In fact it would be interesting to know why these quite "awkward" speeds made it through the approval.

It's hard enough to find a good editor.  An editor with specific subject matter experience is even tougher...

Kyle Rodgers