riccardo74

EZCA doesn't work with P3D 2.4

Upgrading to 2.4 I've found EZCA doesn't work any more, I got this error:

"FSX process not found. FSX_handle=0"

It only works in Legacy Mode.

Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You have to cycle every once in a while from virtual to not virtual A couple times.

I've tried your trick without success. Does it work for you?

I found that if I lauch EZCA.exe after P3D is loaded, EZCA works fine.

I used the migration tool and the beta prepar3d .exe file

Download version 1.15 of Ezdok install it with the migration tool into the default folder.then copy the prepar3d ecza.exe file straight on top of the ezca.exe file in the default EZCA folder.check your EXE.DLL file and add this to it if it's not there.

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Disabled>false</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

the path shown is the path where you copy the Prepar3d new EXCA.exe,just replace it.

here's a link to the New EZCA.EXE that you need.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-and-prepar3d_topic40274_post236510.html#236510

100 per cent works ,i'm using it  with prepar3d 2.4 at the  moment

steve

You will probably need to install the latest version of the P3D Simconnect files, this is the usual cause of that error, usually because you don't have FSX installed as well.

Stop stop stop guys!

1) on 2.3 it works perfectly

2) I have FSX installed on the same machine

3) i installed ezca 1.15 and then 1.17 with EMT and worked fine on 2.3

4) where I find the latest simconnect for p3d?

5) why it works in legacy mode?

6) why it works perfectly if I launch it manually after getting FSX handle error?

It must not be loading from the EXL when the Sim starts is the only thing I can think of. Try to add those lines and see if it auto-starts.

William it autostarts correctly, the problem is tied to FSX.exe process that p3d seems not to read as started.

Steve don't stope you now :-)

The problem is not ezca.exe, I assum you are using the beta ezca file, correct?

I've always been using 1.17 ezca.exe file (FSX) and worked perfectly fine, until today with 2.4

The problem here seems to be that ezca can't "see" the virtual FSX.exe is loaded, so it returns the error.

Did you get the new EMT? Check the flightsim.ee forum as I don't think it is part of the current updater. Try installing EZDok with that.

I have the same problem, but frankly it doesn't bother me. I just launch ezca.exe manually after the sim loads.

I have the same problem, but frankly it doesn't bother me. I just launch ezca.exe manually after the sim loads.

Wow, I'm not alone. What we have made wrong?

Wow, I'm not alone. What we have made wrong?

I don't have the foggiest idea, but as long as it works I'm Happy ;)

Just now installed Prepar3D SDK 2.4 but nothing change. Uninstall and reinstall EMT.

Do you confirm that ECZA works in normal mode?

In my case it works only in legacy.

If I start in normal mode, EZCA crash (FSX handle error) and I have to restart it manually.

I've tried ezca.exe suggested by steve, the beta file. It works. But I'm sure that with 2.3 I used the ezca.exe original FSX file.

Do you use the beta file or is there someone is using the FSX file ezca.exe?

Always have used the P3D beta file with Prepar3D, from when it was released back in V2.0 of P3D.

Since I also still use FSX (only for PMDG planes now), here is a trick I use;

In the Program Files (x86)\EZCA directory, I renamed the FSX vesrion EZCA.exe to EZCAFSX.exe, and the P3D Beta EZCA.exe to EZCAP3D.exe.

In the FSX EXE.xml file I then have (manually edited)

<Launch.Addon>

<Name> EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>C: Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCAFSX.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

In the P3D EXE.xml file I have

<Launch.Addon>

<Name> EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Path>C: Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCAP3D.exe</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Then each of FSX/P3D can use the correct EZCA version on demand at startup, and no confusion exists as to which exe is which/in use if both are named EZCA.exe in the Program Files directory.

Rob

Great solution Rob, I have FSX installed like you.

But mine is a pure curiosity, why now it doesn't work with 2.4 when with 2.3 works fine using NOT beta file?

If I launch manually EZCA.exe (FSX) after p3d is loaded EZCA works fine! Why? This is an initialization problem, seems like ezca.exe couldn't the fake FSX.exe created by EMT when launched via entries in exe.xml. If you run it manually after p3d is loaded, instead it works fine!

Mistery?!?

Guys, you won't believe your eyes, I solved the matter:

the problem was due to text format in the exe.xml, infact originally it was:

<Launch.Addon>
   </Launch.Addon>

and I got the FSX handle error.

So, casually I open exe.xml and format perfectly the text in this way:

<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

what is change? apparently nothing than the tailback of the entries.

But this solved the matter!

Now it works perfectly and ezca.exe is 1.17 from FSX, not the beta for P3D file, as I said at the beginning of this post.

Incredible but it works! :rolleyes:

I was wrong, not solved. It's a mistery! I was running ezca.exe beta erroneusly. I see it on EZCA studio 1.17/beta.

If I run EZCA (fsx original, not beta) after P3D is started it works ok. So I thought to run it via FSUIPC autostart option and works fine.

But someone can tell me the difference to start a program via exe.xml vs fsuipc.ini, is it not the same way? so, why in a way works and in another not?

Well I to had a problem getting this to work properly this time - seems with new versions of P3D you have to figure out the correct lines in your exe.xml file - found a post by Jean-Paul here and used his text and it works perfectly - thanks for that

So here is the line text - take note that this is a virgin exe.xml file you paste all of this exactly if you have loaded fsdreamteam coutl stuff - UT2 or anything else that writes to this file you CAN NOT paste this exactly - you have been warned - you would have to sort thru this if you have done so

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252'?>
<SimBase.Document Type='Launch' version='1,0'>
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Richard thanks for reply.

1) are you using ezca.exe beta file from forum or stable fsx version provided with 1.17 update?

2) I tried your exe.xml without luck, get always the same error "FSX process not foud. FSX_hanlde:0"

3) if I run ezca.exe (fsx version, not beta) via FSUIPC with autorun procedure EZCA works perfectly

4) I thought it was a spacing and formatting text problem in exe.xml but evidently is not true.

There is something blocking properly initialization of EZCA when launched via exe.xml, via FSUIPC works perfectly. Which is the difference?

Ok, seems that P3D reads exe.xml before fsx.exe*32 process runs up, so you get "FSX process not found. FSX_hanlde:0" error.

P3D instead reads FSUIPC.INI maybe a few seconds after fsx.exe*32 process is started, so EZCA.EXE (not beta, see my screen, look at v 1.17, in yours there is v1.17/beta) works fine.

7znnUx8.png?1