Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

EZCA doesn't work with P3D 2.4

Something a miss as it does work here once exe.xml is configured correctly

Rich Sennett

Something a miss as it does work here once exe.xml is configured correctly

hmm... i tried running it outside of exe.xml (manually), maybe that makes a difference, ill try sticking in it exe.xml and give it another go..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Might help if you post what your xml file contains here - I'm no expert but might help others to see it

Rich Sennett

For those using the standard fsx ezca (1.17)... are you running in legacy mode or standard p3d v2.x mode?  Its the 2.x mode without legacy that seems to not quite work for me (i havent tried legacy and would rather avoid it if possible).

EDIT:  update, everything seems to be working at this point (non legacy).. i retested and i was able to do edit mode (num lock 2 etc) and save the state of the window just fine.. However, i still can only get it to work (without the fsx process error, if i manually run it after p3d is loaded).. i'm going to try the fsuipc route instead of the exe.xml though to see if that works the same.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Yes, as you stated and tested, it works perfectly in normal and legacy mode.

Obviuosly launched from FSUIPC, not exe.xml.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

PAY ATTENTION: every time you install a new aircraft you have to run EZCA config.exe from your desktop to get proper working of EZCA into installed aircraft.

So, this process automatically add:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
     <Disabled>false</Disabled>
     <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

into exe.xml file under:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

and if you run P3D (only in normal mode) you'll get the FSX process not found error.

So be careful to delete those entries in exe.xml after running EZCA config.exe.

Hope this help.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I couldn't make it work in v2.4 without FSX installed. It wouldn't show up on P3D addons menu and was getting "FSX process not found" when i closed P3D.

Reinstalled FSX, ran the EZCA configurator and now it is working normally in P3D with the Estonia Tool in P3D mode. Just have to use the tool to configure new planes.

It's a shame the developer doesn't make a P3D installer and we have to have FSX installed just for EZCA to run without problems in P3D.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I know, but you can always make a minimal FSX installation untill the developer come back, we all hope soon.

I know there was in his pipeline a v2.0 with many improvements and the full support for P3D.

BTW I can't fly without EZCA, and have anyway FSX installed for Leonardo Maddog.

Riccardo

I have found a solution that works for me. 

The first step is to replace the the Original Ezca.exe with the P3d beta exe.

Second step is the entry in the exe.xml like the description above.

Third step: In your P3d Main Folder you will find a folder named redist /interface.These folder contains 5 subfolders.Each of this subfolders contains  a folder named retail / lic.

In every of these lib folders is a simconnect.exe file. I have installed all 5 files and Ezca was running at once. You can see the files  in your control panel . 

I have ezca working in p3d 2.4, however it was only after manually editing the aircraft.cfg to add the camera files. Loading up the EMT and putting in virtual mode and using the ezca config runs and says successfully but it didnt add all the camera files correctly to all aircraft. So double check its there at the end of the aircraft.cfg. Its camera definition 201.

Once that was done, the camera positions worked again, however my Track IR refuses to work with it.  When TIR is enabled, ezca will hold only one camera view no matter what key bind you press. disable TIR and it will snap to the correct views as per my key bindings.  Anyone know what that is? They have always played nicely together and suddenly i have this problem. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I have had no problems with EZCA with any of the P3D versions since the "beta" P3D patch arrived. Camera config tool has also worked flawlessly with EMT with every addon, although it is not a big deal to edit them manually. There is one mistake in EZCA itself that might cause an error during the launch of the sim, though. If you have quotation marks (") on the aircraft title, EZCA will fail because it tries to write .ini file based on the title name to its directory concerning the aircraft specific camera setups. Because quotation marks are illegal in Windows file name, .ini file also fails and EZCA most likely crashes. This has nothing to do with P3D, but it is the only problem I've run with the program. It took a while back in the day when I bumped in this problem the first time until I realized what was causing the failure with certain AC :Thinking:

Working fine here, too. Seems only error i got was that it wouldnt start automatcally. Easy eniugh, i just started it after starting sim and alls well.

I have found a solution that works for me. 

The first step is to replace the the Original Ezca.exe with the P3d beta exe.

Second step is the entry in the exe.xml like the description above.

Third step: In your P3d Main Folder you will find a folder named redist /interface.These folder contains 5 subfolders.Each of this subfolders contains  a folder named retail / lic.

In every of these lib folders is a simconnect.exe file. I have installed all 5 files and Ezca was running at once. You can see the files  in your control panel . 

Thank-you Casco04 - that is what finally got EZdok working for me.

In case it helps anyone else, I thought I would share my experience:

I had a 'clean' install of P3Dv2.4 and was waiting for the release of FSUIPC v4.937 before I installed any add-ons. I did not have FSX installed on the machine or any remnants of FSX as this was a fresh Windows install on a reformatted SSD.

Once I installed the updated FSUIPC, the next thing I did was install EZdok 1.5 with EMT, then the 1.7 update. Finally I ran EZdok config tool. This all appeared to run without any problems. Previously, that was all I had to do to get EZdok to work in P3Dv2.3 - but it was not enough to get it to work for P3Dv2.4 as EZdok would show up on the task bar but not in the 'Add-Ons' drop down menu.

Next I tried editing the exe.xml to add the lines relating to EZdok but the situation remained the same.

Finally, I tried using the 'beta' P3D-aware EZdok.exe file - but this did nothing to improve the situation either. 

More out of hope than expectation, I tried Casco04's suggestion of installing the 5 simconnect.exe files. I came across similar advice on another thread that suggested this would only work if EMT was activated - so for me, virtual FSX was enabled. During the process, 2 of the installations aborted because I think they were just different language versions of files that had previously been installed. To my surprise, next time I launched P3D, EZdok auto-started and was present and working as before in the 'Add-Ons' drop down menu. I even loaded up an old .ecs file I created for the Carenado Beechcraft Baron in FSX and used the camera views for the default P3D Bonanza. Fantastic! I should point out that I installed all 5 of the simconnect.exe files. I tried it once after installing only one of them (can't remember which one) but EZdok still didn't appear in the 'Add-Ons' menu.

I don't really know why it worked - maybe some of the things I did were not required - but that's what I did and now I am in the very happy position of having EZdok working with P3Dv2.4. Happy days!

Thanks again Casco04!

Andy

There is one mistake in EZCA itself that might cause an error during the launch of the sim, though. If you have quotation marks (") on the aircraft title, EZCA will fail because it tries to write .ini file based on the title name to its directory concerning the aircraft specific camera setups. Because quotation marks are illegal in Windows file name, .ini file also fails and EZCA most likely crashes.

TheGrunt - I was wondering if you have been able to fix that problem? I got that issue with the CR-1 Software Ford Trimotor when I used to fly it in FSX. Whenever I launched a flight with that aircraft, there would be a 'bong' error sound and I'd get an error window with "Unable to write to C:UsersAndy BlairAppDataRoamingEZCAdbvirtual_cockpitCR-1 Software.Ltd "Ford Tri-Motor 4AT-B Standard Ford Delivery"_.ini" and then EZdok would close. It broke my heart as I really love that plane but I don't really enjoy flying without EZdok.

I have another error that is interesting.  I ended up installing it with the migration tool then moved an exe version for Prepar3d I use a while ago.  When I start Prepar3d, it loads EZDOK but It never connects.  I also dont have the show global studio even theoug the XML is in the config file.  I saw some potential solutions on this thread so I'll try some of them.

thanks