Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Frustrating (false) crash during taxi

Hello all, this used to happen periodically on FSX and continues with P3D. You finally setup your aircraft and begin slowly taxiing toward the runway when all of a sudden, you get the "Aircraft crashed" message. Yet, nothing is anywhere near your plan, no AI, no airport vehicles (I have mine set at 0%).

Trying to find the proper setting for realism, but at the cost of this potentially happening. Especially with today's sophisticated add-ons, it may take up tto 45 minutes to properly plan you flight and then this happens.

Has anyone found a solution to this - perhaps it's in my realism setup but I hate to turn on "Ignore crashes and damage". If you have any suggestions - PLEASE!

Mario Di Lauro

the only solution is to enable " ignore crashes and damages " which you dont want to disable. i suggest is to disable the airport scenery that you are using and stick to the default one

Agreed. Unless you get the developer to modify their scenery your ONLY option is to "ignore" - or try modding the scenery yourself, which I do not recommend unless you are knowledgeable.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I always keep crash detection off.  You know when you have crashed without it, and the way FSX resets (don't have P3D) is unrealistic and useless anyway.   The FSX restart of the flight won't work well with complex aircraft like PMDG ones.  Nothing more frustrating than a 14 hour flight terminated by a crash into an imaginary object on the taxiway at the arrival airport.

Also, you can save your flight situation or at least your flight plan after you are set up, before taxi. At least w/ FSX, always assume it will crash unexpectedly for no known reason.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Yep!   99.9% of the time this is a faulty scenery thing.   After the first time it happened to me on a long flight while on Vatsim and working for my Virtual Airline and I lost credit for the flight because of the crash I turned off Crash Detection and never looked back.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Something that might help is to place an exclude poly in the afcad with ADE,

excluding everything at the location the crash occurs.

Agreed with the disable crashes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks to all. It happens in default airports BTW. But from now on: CRASH DETECTION OFF!

Mario Di Lauro

Agree with others, turn off crash detection ... it's pretty unrealistic anyway (ok, very unrealistic).

Cheers, Rob.

Agree. Turned it off cos at South African airports, the airport drivers drive around in a rather realistic fashion for that part of the world ( :lol: ) and I got tired of braking hard for them not stopping at stop signs!

Rob

Robin Harris