Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Has anyone tried the FSPS Frictionality add-on?

I found this product in  recent e-mail from the Flightsim Store.  I know that the ground friction issue has been a known pain for some time.  First we had the sim1.dll solution,  then a solution with FSUIPC (which I used in FSX, but am not sure if it is still applicable with P3D or not)....  but the hype with this product shows it as superior to both of the above remedies.

Any comments from anyone who has tried it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,  Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I got an e-mail recently that FSPS is making a version for P3D. Not finished yet.

Best regards,

HI Bruce,

I bought it and use it now... very good...

I use the default Aerosoft Airbus profile for the friction as i have no idea in the world what actual friction is meant to feel like in a real airbus... it works easy and i noticed my brakes 'feel' somewhat more realistic and less 'harsh'...

I don't use the airbus x by the way as i run Jeehell software with the Project Airbus A320 models as i am building a flight deck... but same result anyway

I discovered it does NOT work if you are using the AFR cfg tweaked config...does not recognize it so running the sim in SLI is not the go... i raised it with them and they said they would look into it to see if they can amend the program to 'see' the new cfg..

Apart form that i like it... it recognizes the condition of the runway you are on (be it dry, wet, snow, gravel etc) and then during flight it will set the friction to the landing runway depending on the weather (3rd party weather engines supported) so this is a boon too!

Overall, a worth it product for me!

Hope that helps!

Edit - i am using P3D 2.4 with no issues

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated, might try it..

Bruce.

Isn't there a LUA script for FSUIPC which does this for free?

It worked in FSX not tried it in P3D yet.

I treid the friction LUA in FSUIPC and dont know how to make it work.

I just dropped friction.lua into de modules folders and dont know what else to do.