Sign in to follow this  
N1G

So when do the updates stop?

i guess someone that cant shell out 200 dollars for a flightsim and /or a few hundred for scenery.  One thing X-Plane really does have is a great open source community. I guess once P3D gets 64bit, and alot of the fsx stuff  that currently works in p3d but isnt actively suported anymore, will stop working, investments are needed that some people simply dont have.

For me i can have have almost complete of Europe with ZL17 Photoscenery and 3D Objects completley for free. While i like FSX or Prepared i simply cant afford that kind of stuff unless i starve my family ;)

Yeah he and you are right.  

Too much investment and headaches with those sims. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well, the educational use version of P3D is $60.

Ah don't mention the license else you get a kick.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought: surely that should be "So when do the (interesting) updates Start?". ;)

Well, the educational use version of P3D is $60.

Well that is correct. But sadly i am no student anymore, so i dont qualify for that (and my guess most that use it). Just because LM doesnt do checks like any other company does for educational licenses (yet), doesnt mean I can use it. And since i also work in this industry, i know how it feels if someone feels entiteld to use your stuff for free or student price, because at the full price they wouldnt use it anyway.

Well that is correct. But sadly i am no student anymore, so i dont qualify for that (and my guess most that use it). Just because LM doesnt do checks like any other company does for educational licenses (yet), doesnt mean I can use it. And since i also work in this industry, i know how it feels if someone feels entiteld to use your stuff for free or student price, because at the full price they wouldnt use it anyway.

Ouch don't get in to the license thing, this thread will get locked , lol. I cannot afford 200 USD. 

But sadly i am no student anymore

Not a student? Surely, you've heard that your Private rating (and subsequent ratings) is a "license to learn"...

Do you hold all possible ratings?

Anyway... this is getting off track. Sorry mods.

Back on track: selfishly, I hope to one day get the same training utility out of XP that I do from FSX/P3D. 

Another GIANT sticking point for me is the inability to natively use multiple screens by just dragging and dropping them.

Another GIANT sticking point for me is the inability to natively use multiple screens by just dragging and dropping them.

There is a plugin called as Multiview I have it , don't know what it does .  I cannot use it as my second LED broke. Why not try that.

There is a plugin called as Multiview I have it , don't know what it does .  I cannot use it as my second LED broke. Why not try that.

Hey ironmaiden - 

You know, I saw that, but it says limited to "outside views"... I need more inside views! I currently have my FSX setup running full-scale instruments across two monitors with a small forward view. I use this for instrument training. I'd love to be able to do something like that.

Hey ironmaiden - 

You know, I saw that, but it says limited to "outside views"... I need more inside views! I currently have my FSX setup running full-scale instruments across two monitors with a small forward view. I use this for instrument training. I'd love to be able to do something like that.

Maybe search at the .org, 

If your computer is powerful enough you could run a second instance of X-plane which just shows your instruments. But Ironmaiden is right you may have to search the Org for how to run a master and slave setup on a single computer.

Got it - thanks.

You can hang up docking and undocking windows in XPX. I don't think its even possible to match FSX/P3D in that department.