Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

EGLL London Heathrow Scenery?

I believe there are at least a couple of fairly recent releases for EGLL.  Was it ever agreed which is easiest on frames or general performance.  Can't really be doing with 6-8 fps in the T7;-)

Phil, there was a very recent thread discussing the merits and demerits of both UK2000's EGLL Xtreme v3 which I have, and the latest offering from Aerosoft. It is a good discussion, so it may be worth your while to read up on that thread. Sure you will get all your answers therein.

I can always vouch for UK2000, they are great in terms of quality and performance, and is GSX compatible

Aerosoft- Well its aerosoft, great quality but I have not seen a drop in FPS YET.

Your choice.

I see no significant difference in performance (FPS/VAS) between those two.

Both are heavy for me but since this is the London area I do not expect much.

I switched from UK2000 to Sim-Wings since the latter one is newer/fresher and I enjoy its visuals more.

But, let me say it again, measurng FPS and VAS in both I could not see any breakthrough.

And yes, when I land there in a complex VC, with heavy ASN weather, lots of AI and all the goodies I use, I too sometimes see single (FPS) digits.

But it's my style of simming, so I will live with it. :wink:

Its not just the performance of EGLL it's the fact that London is quite scenery dense, so you can get poor performance just because of all the other airports surrounding it.

I believe Gary Summons suggests removing some of the surrounding airports if your system isn't strong enough.

I can certainly recommend UK2000 sceneries in general.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

guys may i know how was the performance of the scenery on your PC? mine is 29 min. - 35 max FPS.. with pmdg T7 + overcast weather.. by the way i noticed that the stutter increasing slowly the more longer you stay on AS EGLL  but the FPS will still remain