Sign in to follow this  
B77W

P3D crashes straight away

Hi,

I've tried to load Prepar3d for the first time since last weekend when it was working perfectly.

I get load the menu fine, but when I click fly and get to 100% loading, the virtual cockpit loads for a second max and then P3D crashes.

I've tried deleting the main .cfg and also repairing P3D with the installer but I'm still having the same issue.

Has anyone got any ideas because I'm at a loss.

I found a topic regarding Vistamare and Aerosoft, which I thought maybe the solution, but that file isn't on my system whatsoever.

Thanks

Sam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What changed on your system from last week to the start of the crashes?

What does your windows event viewer say about the crash ie faulting module etc.?

Maybe you could do a system restore prior to when you began having the issue?

Also is all your add on software up to date, your not running an earlier version of Active Sky Next or FSUIPC are you?

Just some ideas I'm sure others will chime in especially if you can give more details about the cause of the crash from your event viewer.

The only thing I can suggest then is a clean install, PIA though if you have a lot of things already installed.  If you go that route be sure you uninstall P3D just don't delete it or you'll end up having to get your license key re-activated which can take a couple of days especially over a weekend. 

Good Luck

First delete the shaders and try starting prepar3d again. If you have water settings on Ultra try one notch down. No need to reinstall.

I'm running everything as default and I just can't get Prepar3D to work. 

I've been getting this a lot lately. For some reason removing the files from My Documents\Prepar3D fixes the problem for me. I guess the default flights are getting corrupted. It's worth a shot.

You have not checked your Windows Event Viewer yet ... correct?