Sign in to follow this  
fscottee

ORBX + photoscenery project.

These are a few shots of an area around Concrete and Darrington airports in the ORBX PNX region.  The scenery here is 60cm resolution and transitions very well with ORBX scenery.  I'm planning on offering this for free once completed.  The advantage as you can see is no more landclass generic tiles in and around the excellent ORBX airports.  At least in this way, once can fly from Darrington to Concrete with real ground scenery.

Essentially the concept is like expanding the ORBX airports to a much much larger area.  ORBX uses photoreal textures of very high resolution for their ground textures.  I'll be using 60cm ground, and will add some custom autogen.  Tree are by Nuvecta Washington, which is a perfect complement to the ground scenery.

East of concrete:

jJLXRYp.jpg

Comparison with ORBX PNW landclass:

f5XAgzW.jpg

This is Concrete airport in the background:

zWzJcok.jpg

Darrington in the background:

ZB8jV1D.jpg

Ambitious!  Look forward to seeing and trying some finished product.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This looks excellent. I have tried to mix ORBX Orcas Island with MSE2 Washington. Except for the water/coastline it worked quite well

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

How are you mixing orbx wirh photoscenery? Does it just need to be higher in the scenery library.would love to get some trees onto my photoscenery.thanks.

How are you mixing orbx wirh photoscenery? Does it just need to be higher in the scenery library.would love to get some trees onto my photoscenery.thanks.

I can send you the autogen files for your tree scenery in a flash.  Just tell me the area you need.

If you have photoscenery enabled, it will supercede the landclass areas of ORBX.   The only issue is with the ORBX airports because they use 60cm, 30cm, and even 7 cm photoscenery around the airport.  So just make sure that the ORBX airports are ABOVE you photoscenery in the scenery list.

hi there, I have pretty much everywhere covered with photoscenery, that includes all the states, Germany, Switzerland, uk, Netherlands, chzech republic, Holland Scotland and Ireland. I love photoscenery but it does lack 3d somewhat. I have been looking for a way to add orbx autogen on top of the areas I have. if it looks good and is a success then I would like to buy more. many thanks, terry

Hi, It was from http://fsproject.webnode.sk/ I think is the correct address. There is a lot of stuff on there but the download links do not seem to work now as they are 4 years old. I have had mine a while now and used to use it on FSX. that's the beauty of photoscenery in that once you have all the BGL files in a folder, then all you do is add that folder to your scenery library. I did find another site that you can dl free Czech photo scenery from but don't know if its any good. My Czech folder is 21 gb but don't know what the sum of all the parts would be from here, http://vfrautogen.wz.cz or from here, http://flyaway.wz.cz/

There are more links to other sites and you just pick the appropriate language.

Hope that helps, terry