Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

DD Sale at simMarket

Stunning.....

I dont see any stutters in your simulation.

Is that smoothed out with video editing software?

I mainly fly airliners.....so it does not make sence to risk OOMs and other performance problems with these aircraft.

But if I ever install the Catana or the Catalina I bought a while ago (funny they sound similar but really arent) .....then I might just get a copy of DD NYCX.

thx for the videos.

Rob Robson

s that smoothed out with video editing software?

No that's the real deal! No enhancements at all! In fact the actual flight experience is typically better.

Now that I have replaced FRAPS with ShadowPlay that statement it less true.

Whenever I get comments that my system is awesome I feel the need to give credit where credit is due.

So these videos where made possible by NickN's expertise and my ability to follow a lot of detailed instructions exactly and nothing more :lol:

Okay  I have decided to buy that DD scenery for KLGA.  Why?  SEVEN BUCKS is dirt cheap and safe bet. Heck one vendi size cup of Starbucks costs same!!!! And you do not get to keep Starbucks coffee forever!! But you can keep KLGA scenery forever if it works :)

How seven bucks??  Ok ok  DD is offering 30 percent off for all sceneries plus PC Avaitor website offers extra 10 percent off. That makes total of 40 percent off and it would be stupid of me to pass this chance up to see if it works on my laptop or not!!

When I have chance, I will let all of you know if DD's KLGA scenery can run well in my laptop!!

I have been waiting for FIVE YEARS to find decent KLGA scenery!!!

I installed DD's KLGA scenery and it seems to work very well without any problem in my laptop.

I do wish that DD would warn us that DD's KLGA scenery would automatically change your FSX's default settings.

According to DD,  their installer will automatically adjust the following settings: Ground scenery shadows (off), Bloom (off), Maximum texture resolution (4096x4096), Mesh resolution (2m) and vehicle/ship traffic (off).

It is easy to remember to turn on bloom or ground scenery shadows or vehicle/ship BUT it is hard to remember the past settings of Maximum texture resolution and Mesh resolution.

So far I do not see any problems while conducting ground testing on KLGA scenery in my laptop.  It looks it has same resource usage as Skysunjet KPHL scenery.

For SEVEN BUCKS,  it is GREAT price to buy KLGA scenery.

Next is to test DD KLGA in Vatsim environment, test take off from KLGA, and test landing on KLGA.  Will let all of you know.

Seven bucks is safe gamble. You would NOT need my reviews on DD KLGA as long as you remember your FSX's default settings before installation particularly settings for mesh and texture resolution.

signCopy.jpg

Yeah, I dont like developers messing with my FSX.cfg either.

So I asked Drzewiecki on their forum what they change in the .cfg for NY airports X.

Their answere:

Here is the list of all values:

"GRAPHICS","TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD","4096");

"GRAPHICS","HIGHMEMFIX","1");

"Display","BLOOM_EFFECTS","0");

"GRAPHICS","GROUND_SHADOWS","0");

"TERRAIN","MESH_RESOLUTION","24");

"TrafficManager","AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY","0");

"TrafficManager","LeisureBoatsDensity","0");

"TrafficManager","GADensity","0");

"TrafficManager","ShipsAndFerriesDensity","0");

"TrafficManager","FreewayDensity","0");

Every change is required or recommended for a major performance increase.

unquote

And I decided to buy Miami City by DD today......looks like fun to install my Aerosoft Catalina finally and use Miami with that :-)

Rob Robson

Exactly!!!

Fortunately for me, I realized that I had FSX.CFG as back up 3 months ago somewhere in my laptop and retrieved that file for my amusement to see if there is difference between previous FSX.cfg and current present FSX.cfg.

While ignoring difference in bloom effect, ship/vehicle, and shadow effect as they are easy to remember to turn off or on, I did notice that the installation of DD's KLGA scenery did NOT make change to Maximum texture resolution which showed same number between previous and present FSX.cfg files.

Although I cannot find where Mesh resolution is located in previous and present FSX cfg files, I did notice that the previous FSX.cfg showed 50 percent of mesh setting and the present FSX.cfg showed 75 percent of mesh setting.  So in other words,  DD's scenery installation automatically just increased mesh resolution by 25 percent.  Looking at both FSX. cfg refreshened my memory. I remember before installation that I set 50 percent in Display tab of FSX settings and I noticed that after the installation of KLGA,  this Display Tab setting have been increased to 75 percent in everything.

Did not hurt my laptop's performance although.

KLGA scenery has famous original American Airlines hangers which pleases me.  I did notice one food cart truck on top of FSX default luggage tractor's trays but that is because I put on in the FSX settings for FSX default vehicles which might conflict with DD's vehicles considering the fact that DD calls for deactivation of FSX default vehicles.

I wish DD has specific gate numbers for famous shuttle building near runway where Delta and Eastern used for shuttles to Boston and DC.

signCopy.jpg

I grabbed KEWR loaded up the 777 and got the ding of death the second it opened, so I fired up my 1024 TML profile in Simstarter and VAS stayed at 3000 and FPS 20fps during several touch and goes. Nothing wrong with that! so I went to get 2 more airports but the sale is over...oh well DD have regular sales so will grab them next time

Im quite surprised DD would opt for 4096 TML considering OOM issues unless they figure we all mostly fly default aircraft..

This is really nice scenery and well worth the money even without the sale

ZORAN

I continue testing DD's KLGA which still looks pretty good. It even has cool Marine Terminal with lots of yellow cabs and cool jetways.

Everything looks good. I just discovered wrong taxiway markings with wrong numbers that I notified DD which immediately agreed to fix it soon and release the correcting update.

So far I am very please and it is WORTH seven bucks to get very famous American Airline maintenance hangers that I have been waiting for years to find!! What more can I ask??  Everything looks great and cool!!!

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Just received an email 

UUEE_Moscow_Sheremetyevo_X.exe

Changes in the v1.3 version (there is no need for customers to uninstall the previous version):

- No-jetways issue fully fixed
- Stuttering issue fully fixed

good news :-)

ZORAN

Also EETN is fixed, and an update provided, although I didn't notice any stutters here.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Og that's great news thanks Jude, I had bad stutters with EETN.   (Don't have UUEE as MDesign's Domodedovo fulfills my Moscow hub needs). :smile: