Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

Prepar3D SLI support : I have a dream, let our voice be heard.

I just read the SLI description and I have aquestion:

What is the difference between a single GPU output  and  SLI multi GPUs together to  produce  a single  output to P3

Single GPU output is 1 Gpu Card connected to single monitor. Multi Gpu card is a single card with more Gpus. Multi cards with single Gpu gives the same result as single card with multi Gpus. They can be connected to single output or to multiple outputs (monitors).

Zbtonse,

Thanks for your response,

Sorry, I think I did not phrased my question correctly

I was trying to ask; Single GPU 4gb  can communicate with P3d. Why  SLI enabled 3 GPUs (3x4gb=12gb )increased the processing  power  available up to 12gb for graphics single outputs as an ONE GPU  cannot communicate with P3D to play the Flight Simulator ?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Great stuff!

Let's all keep the ball rolling!

Mike

I was trying to ask; Single GPU 4gb  can communicate with P3d. Why  SLI enabled 3 GPUs (3x4gb=12gb )increased the processing  power  available up to 12gb for graphics single outputs as an ONE GPU  cannot communicate with P3D to play the Flight Simulator ?

That's a good question.  Why? Because  3 GPUs does not make it faster 3 times the single GPU processor. GPU will still work with the same speed, and send the video to the monitor with the same speed. Only workload for each GPU can be split. And now it is the point, how well the SW application and drivers can split this workload among multiple GPUs, and how fast the data can be processed internally on the card.  But still it will not give you 3 times more FPS.  

With 2 cards in SLI you can get max 50% .  You can get relatively more if you are using 2 monitors, and difference from 1 card on 2 monitors  vs 2 cards on 2 monitors could be maybe 70%.  

But that is only what I think, since I dont have 2 cards and never used SLI.  I am thinking to buy 1 more card and have them SLI for P3DV2, but I will do it after I see that it works.

It looks like we have to wait Nvidia :rolleyes:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I entered my feedback as well.

Hello,

I would like to add my support to asking Nvidia to support SLI and improved AA for the flight simulator Prepar3D by Lockheed Martin. 
   Prepar3D is one of the most advanced flight simulators out there and has taken on the legacy left by the Aces team of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
   Many of us flight simulator enthusiasts have multi-monitors setup and we would like to benefit from the advantages of a SLI enabled solution.
   I personally have held off buying the 980GTX card as I am awaiting your support of Prepar3D. Once you have delivered I will be purchasing said cards to run Prepar3D. So please deliver our SLI support and I will be a grateful customer.

but is it possible to create a crossfire/sli profile ourselves?

I guess yes, if you know what to set but that's AMD and we're talking about nVidia.

Spirit

Could we think that things are finally moving ? : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458006-nvidia-34709-drivers-do-indeed-break-papi-lights-in-p3d-v24/page-2#entry3140697

I just got word nVidia have been in contact again with LM, apparently nVidia's discussion with LM referenced my video demonstrating the PAPI lights problem ... maybe my Feedback to nVidia actually did work this time around.

Either way, the upside is an apparent commitment from nVidia to get a proper P3D profile and with any luck that profile will include SLI and hopefully will be available early next year, when exactly I don't know.

Happy Holidays,

Rob.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio