Sign in to follow this  
sjed

UTX version 2 has been released

I'll add, FTX Vectors does not have 3d lighting, requires worldwide mesh, and covers the entire world. It's made specically for FTXG.

Could you elaborate more on the worldwide mesh requirement?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Could you elaborate more on the worldwide mesh requirement?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Check Vectors product page or ask ORBX.

I do not have FTX Vectors. I prefer their regions.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Check Vectors product page or ask ORBX.

I do not have FTX Vectors. I prefer their regions.

It does not need mesh, only FTX Global base is required.

Though you can install the compatible FS Global mesh, if you want mesh.

Allen over on the Flight One forums mentioned the following in a post regarding UTX v 2.0:

"There is something else that I need to mention.    Autogen lights have a small footprint and are efficient.   However, because autogen lights require vector autogen roads, they cannot be used for things like photoscenery.    So, in a few weeks we are also going to be releasing a new product line called Xtreme Lighting USA.   This product will cover the entire USA with custom light objects, not autogen objects.     It will be created specifically for photo-scenery users and 3rd party products that use custom terrain textures instead of vector terrain."

Oops, just noticed Rich beat me to it!

Eric

*throws money at Flight1* Shut up and take my money!    Here's hoping to some awesome lighting!   I already love their Extreme Cities products.  I reviewd their DFW city and it was impressive to have city lighting at night on Photoreal.   Add this Extreme Lighting USA and have it cover all of the US in one hit and I will be in heaven for night flying.   Someone asked me on my flight blog why I never post any night flight video and the reason is photoreal.   I do have FTX GLobal but Autogen on my PC wrecks havoc on the FPS for some reason.   Think it's time for a new video card for P3D.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Mesh is REQUIRED. Read some of the reviews. Go to the forums and do some research. You can use any mesh you want, but you NEED mesh.

This was discussed many times in the FTX forums before the product was released.

Mesh is REQUIRED. Read some of the reviews. Go to the forums and do some research. You can use any mesh you want, but you NEED mesh.

This was discussed many times in the FTX forums before the product was released.

Then state it like that. When you say "Check ORBX product page", the product page actually has no mesh requirement. 

Edit: This what you meant I think - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70640-mesh-clarification/. The mod got really worked up there in the end.

Then state it like that. When you say "Check ORBX product page", the product page actually has no mesh requirement. 

Edit: This what you meant I think - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70640-mesh-clarification/. The mod got really worked up there in the end.

I created a thread to ask the developers if the new version still requires world mesh.

Initially the goal for ORBX was to create an ORBX world with FTXG (Textures) FTX Vectors (Roads etc.) Pilot's Mesh (Pilots & FTX created Vectors) and finally LC.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense for a developer (Pilot's) to help create Vectors and not ensure that their Mesh product is the preferred mesh.

Thats it, thanks, Duke.

Dirk.

PS: I've always had problems with add-on airports and add-on meshes, so the trade off is no add-on meshes. 

So it is not a requirement (vs e.g FTX Global textures, which ARE a requirement).

I created a thread to ask the developers if the new version still requires world mesh.

Initially the goal for ORBX was to create an ORBX world with FTXG (Textures) FTX Vectors (Roads etc.) Pilot's Mesh (Pilots & FTX created Vectors) and finally LC.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense for a developer (Pilot's) to help create Vectors and not ensure that their Mesh product is the preferred mesh.

Thanks for mentioning about mesh with Vector, I think I'll try my new FSX/ORBX reinstall with Global 2010 FTX, but I know I'll be hurting from the 'plateau' problems again.

Dirk. 

Thanks for mentioning about the mesh with Vector, I think I'll try my new FSX/ORBX reinstall with Global 2010 FTX, but I know I'll be hurting from the 'plateau' problems again.

Dirk.

There is a Vector Config tool that allows you to dissble/enable affected airports.

It looks like the latest version 1.2 can be used with default FSX mesh, but I still have no confirmation from FTX.