Sign in to follow this  
sjed

UTX version 2 has been released

I don's see an uninstall option in UTX.So I assume do it thru control panel add/remove programs?Thanks

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I don's see an uninstall option in UTX.So I assume do it thru control panel add/remove programs?Thanks

Yes it is listed to uninstall in control panel

Rich Sennett

I only use DX10 and have no problems with the lights and they are running smooth. Could be your settings or machine. I run 3570K with 660 and have no problems.

One thing I did noticed when I installed was that I had the new lights and the old lights of UTX (intersections) even though I had uninstalled version 1. I went to the scenery library and was able to disable the original UTX lights. Make sure there are no red intersection lights.  Just a guess.

SJED

Interesting; I noticed the same thing about the old UTX lights - I'd deleted it, and FSX searched for it, that's when I noticed it was still listed in FSX. Good to know about DX10. I believe it may be a shader files issue, downloaded new files and will try again.

Original UTX lights killed my frames, so I always had them disabled. Hopefully these are better performance wise for the same visuals.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Original UTX lights killed my frames, so I always had them disabled. Hopefully these are better performance wise for the same visuals.

They are better performers but from what they use to look like - they are pretty much the same thing as orbx lights

Rich Sennett

I don't agree Rich. I'm not sure how you have your lights set but I think the street glow under the lights make a world of difference. I have mine set at 3d with spotlight.

SJED

I don't agree Rich. I'm not sure how you have your lights set but I think the street glow under the lights make a world of difference. I have mine set at 3d with spotlight.

Cool can you help me with this - not sure how to set it up - would appreciate it - thanks

Rich Sennett

Not sure if this was asked before or in the past with 1.4 but does UTX overlay on top of MegaSceneryEarth at all so we can finally have some night lighting in cities?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Not sure if this was asked before or in the past with 1.4 but does UTX overlay on top of MegaSceneryEarth at all so we can finally have some night lighting in cities?

I think I read in simforums that it does not work with megascenery and working on something to get it to work - not sure - head on over to Simforums its in there - i think it was in the longest thread

Rich Sennett

No, but they are developing a new lighting project that will work with photoscenery...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

No, but they are developing a new lighting project that will work with photoscenery...

Do you have a link to any info on this?  That is the only major downside to MSE is having a post apocalyptic night approach to airports.   I'd prefer the product not be like that crazily over priced software that is out already the lights up cities.  The only problem is you pay for each stand alone city.  @_@

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Do you have a link to any info on this? That is the only major downside to MSE is having a post apocalyptic night approach to airports. I'd prefer the product not be like that crazily over priced software that is out already the lights up cities. The only problem is you pay for each stand alone city. @_@

Assuming you have 1.4 installed you can use the separate UTX lighting tool to use the ORBX lights with photoreal, but only on roads and highways, but still looks good. That's what I do. I use the older Mega Scenery Dallas photoreal that includes day and night textures and the ORBX light appear over the photoreal streets and highways. Basically the tool edits your scenery.cfg so that the ORBX vector lights work with UTX road, stress and highways, photoreal or not.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Do you have a link to any info on this?  That is the only major downside to MSE is having a post apocalyptic night approach to airports.   I'd prefer the product not be like that crazily over priced software that is out already the lights up cities.  The only problem is you pay for each stand alone city.  @_@

Here is some talk about it but just sort thru the posts - should be more

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ultimate-terrain-usa-20-almost-ready-for-release_topic50570.html?KW=megascenery

http://www.simforums.com/forums/xtreme-cities-photoscenery-megascenery-sample_topic50067.html?KW=megascenery

Rich Sennett

Allen over on the Flight One forums mentioned the following in a post regarding UTX v 2.0:

"There is something else that I need to mention.    Autogen lights have a small footprint and are efficient.   However, because autogen lights require vector autogen roads, they cannot be used for things like photoscenery.    So, in a few weeks we are also going to be releasing a new product line called Xtreme Lighting USA.   This product will cover the entire USA with custom light objects, not autogen objects.     It will be created specifically for photo-scenery users and 3rd party products that use custom terrain textures instead of vector terrain."

Oops, just noticed Rich beat me to it!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Allen over on the Flight One forums mentioned the following in a post regarding UTX v 2.0:

Oops, just noticed Rich beat me to it!

No Eric good post - direct and to the point - thank you

Rich Sennett