Sign in to follow this  
Tight Git

Mega SceneryEarth Belgium

I've just installed MSE Belgium and Netherlands and my FSX crashes whenever I fly anywhere near St Hubert AB (EBSU).

Has anyone else experienced this, please?

I'm a pensioner with only a basic computer knowledge, so I haven't a clue how to solve this!

Thank you.

If you disable the scenery in the Scenery Library, does the crash still occur?

Make sure you only have MSE photoscenery enabled for the area you will be flying over during your flight session. Photoscenery will load no matter where in the world it is located.

I do not own the scenery but I would be shocked, totally shocked, if the MSE Belgium/Netherlands scenery was at fault unless you have your fsx settings set to the max. Remember too that you do not need Autogen. Autogen uses Virtual Address Space the fastest in FSX and your flight sim can be brought to its knees within an hour if the settings are set to the max.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've enable/disabled both sceneries in the library and have proved conclusively that it's the MSE that's causing the problem.

With MSE enabled:

If I try to start the Cessna from EBSU, FSX crashes while it's loading.

If I start from some distance away, it crashes as I near EBSU.

With MSE disabled, I can fly around the area for hours.

I have a top of the range computer (well it was last year!) with settings at medium.

Frames rates are excellent, right up to the crash.

Unless anyone has other ideas, I suppose I'll just have to fly elsewhere!

Hopefully you can find a solution. Wonder why a lot of other MSE Belgium owners have not reported this issue? You should maybe post a crash report so it can be analyzed (see AVSIM CTD Guide located at the right of this forum under Hot Spots).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There's nothing inherently crashable with MSE stuff.  It's just plain old scenery .bgl's.

I think what's happening is that when you enable MSE, you are disabling some stuff for EBSU that FSX is looking for, but cannot find in the MSE scenery or texture folder (MSE doesn't generate texture folders, so there wouldn't be one anyway).

If you have ORBX stuff for that area then that could be the issue.  Or if you have any custom stuff for EBSU that you installed a while back..

Many thanks for your interest.

I've no other European sceneries, so I can't imagine there's a clash.

I'll look into the CTD guide with a view to posting a report, although I can't guarantee that I'll understand what I'm doing!

I don't suppose some kind person with MSE Belgium would care to fly out of EBSU? 

Right, I've now downloaded AppCrashView and tried a couple of experiments.

Starting at EBSU, FSX crashes at 50% loading but nothing recorded on ACV.

Starting at a nearby airport and flying to EBSU causes the expected crash with ACV also recording the event.

Using Copy and Paste, I can get the details into Notebook, but can't get that to transfer to this forum page.

What's the secret, please?

(Sorry, I'm not too good with computers!)

If you can copy and paste onto notebook then you should be able to paste onto the forum. Have you tried uninstall and reinstall option? I always create a system restore point before adding anything to FSX. 

Keith Sandford.

Thanks, Slip-Stream.

I'm selecting the required text from ACV and then Ctl+C.

If I go to Notebook then Ctl+V, the text appears.

If I go to this forum, Ctl+V produces nothing!

For some reason, I'm unable to paste into the forum page, either direct from ACV or via Notebook.

Haven't a clue what I'm doing wrong...

Try left click and selecting the text and then right click, copy. Then right click on the forum and paste. I just tried it and it works fine.

Keith Sandford.

Tried that sequence, but when I right click on the forum, "paste" is not available (greyed out).

No wonder I have no hair left !

Have you tried firstly pasting into Notepad (which you say works?). Once you've done that then just click the cursor into some point in the text in Notepad. Now hit Ctrl+A (to select all). Once you have done that hit Ctrl+C (I'm assuming you know not to do this at the same time as Ctrl+A, you do them in sequence rather than at the same time). Then click into the 'Reply to this topic' field on the forum and wait a moment for the formatting buttons/controls to appear. Then hit Ctrl+V and hopefully your text will appear after a short pause.

Thanks TT, but going via Notepad makes no difference.

I've tried using the keys and also with the mouse, that is right clicking and then using the drop down menu.

As stated above, "Paste" is greyed out in the menu when I right click in the forum.

This is very frustrating, as this topic is really about FSX crashes !

Have you any other suggestions, please?

(I'm using Win 7/64 if it's any help.)

I would suggest you uninstall all of the MSE in question, restart PC, confirm no crashes in the area now and re-install. It may well have been a corrupt install. 

Keith Sandford.

Tight Git, you will be able to paste the content in the forum, but you'll need to press the BBCode Mode button.

You'll find that button in the toolbar of the reply box you're typing in. It's the first button that you see.

I have the same issue like you, I can't paste unless I switch to basic code forum mode.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne