Sign in to follow this  
Nico87

Reality Expansion Pack from SimCoders.com

Hello,

I just want to report you this post: http://www.simcoders.com/blog/2014/11/30/introducing-rep/

It's about a new product called Reality Expansion Pack being developed from SimCoders.com.

It's not finished yet but in that post you may find a lot of informations and a video example.

Feel free to ask if you need more infos.

Will rep fix the left turning tendencies(spiraling slip stream) that is broken in xplane?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Actually, I did not find that on the C210 the left turning is wrong. Its effect can be felt in reality. The point is that the default C210 is not trimmed correctly.

REP will fix the aileron trim tabs for that, so yes, the left turning is fixed. ;-)

Also, I would look at this post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436127-aircraft-keeps-rolling/#entry2937119

It's a very interesting reply to the "left turning" issue many of us pointed out at first. I personally agree with him, I never flow a prop airplane leaving the yoke centered!

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

Actually, I did not find that on the C210 the left turning is wrong. Its effect can be felt in reality. The point is that the default C210 is not trimmed correctly.

REP will fix the aileron trim tabs for that, so yes, the left turning is fixed. ;-)

Also, I would look at this post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436127-aircraft-keeps-rolling/#entry2937119

It's a very interesting reply to the "left turning" issue many of us pointed out at first. I personally agree with him, I never flow a prop airplane leaving the yoke centered!

I was thinking of single engine prop planes in xplane.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

REP is made for a specific airplane. At the moment we are working on the C210 and we solved the left spinning problem with it.

When we'll start working on another plane we'll see whether that issue needs to be fixed again or not.

Claudio Nicolotti

REP is out now.  I don't have it yet, just reporting that its now available.  For some reason I cant post a link.

Its only for the Carenado C210 right now. I like that plane, so Ill probably pick this up by the weekend.

Rob

Let us know what you think of it.

If it does what it promises I could for the first time ever replace my A2A with a Carenado :-)

Will it be available for other aircrafts too? If yes, will it come as an update or do we have to pay for each aircraft?

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

I wanted to know more about the Flight Dynamics modification. What can we expect to see better compared to X-Plane current Flight Model? Very interested in this project! Thanks!

Compared to the default you get:

• Correct stall speeds
  • Correct distances for takeoff and landing
  • Correct climb performance
  • Correct engine power output (that leads to correct engine fuel flows)
  • Correct drag model (that, together with the correct engine output, results in the correct cruise speeds)
  • Realistic landing gear drag

Maybe I'm forgotting something...but those are the main improvements.

Will it be available for other aircrafts too? If yes, will it come as an update or do we have to pay for each aircraft?

It will be available for other aircrafts too but it will require a different licence. This because we will have to create more and more code for each aircraft since every plane has its own flight dynamics and onboard systems. It's not just a matter of settings configurations.

Claudio Nicolotti

I'm late to this party.............

I would expect the yoke to be centered, when flying a single engine prop plane. I'd be using right rudder on the takeoff roll & initial climb. As airspeed builds, there will be less rudder.  If the airplane is trimmed (rudder wise) for cruise speeds, then it can be hands off, for short periods of time. You shouldn't feel as though you're holding stick forces against roll. I shouldn't need to have my feet holding rudder pressure either.  Needless to say, I certainly didn't agree with some initial points, in the 2014 post, referred to.   I have plenty of real life climb picks, in which the ailerons are on center. Right rudder is in effect.

Speaking to a mechanic, he said that they set the aileron trim tab in order to neutralize the roll at cruise speed (and that's what we did with REP).

That said, the roll force of X-Plane is quite a controversial topic as it's correct under certain points of view and incorrect under certain others.

I remember flying a Piper Arrow just few minutes before it finished building up the hours for the next maintenance call. It was flying horribly. Maybe a student did some hard landings with it, I don't know, but it was impossible to keep it coordinated, even in straight flight. After the maintenance (and trim tab corrections) it was flying flawlessly!

Claudio Nicolotti

I was going to wait until the weekend to pick this up, but I could not wait and bought it last night.

Installation was easy. Everything gets copied into the Carenado C210 directory.

this addon, really brought out all the bad habits Ive picked up over the years of flight simming. You cant just turn on power and turn the key and go. It took me a while to get the engine started properly and the sounds are great. Not having flown a real C210, I cant say if they are more real, but the sound great.

First takeoff, I damaged the engine again by advancing the throttle too fast during the takeoff roll. You need to pay a lot more attention to the little things with this addon.

There is a menu under plugins where you can perform maintanance  on the engine and different systems and it will tell you how bad off each system is.

I haven't flown the C210 much before, so its hard for me to say how much the flight model has improved. It feels good. Landing felt very good! Floated down a bit and she settled right in for nice greaser.  Only flew it for about 1/2 hour because I had to get some sleep. Ill fly more this weekend.

So far, I like it a lot.

Rob 

It's okay to tweak a hand adjustable aileron trim tab, add a wedge, etc. for an airplane that gets a bit out of rig, or was never built completely straight to start with.  There are companies that specialize in re-rigging airplanes, in order to obtain the least amount of drag.. If there is a correction for roll at cruise speed, which adds drag, then there will be an opposite roll when power is pulled back, but airspeed is still high..................such as a descent at cruise speed.   What I wanted to point out, is that perfectly straight airplanes, will actually not need a roll correction (aileron trim) for prop/torque/spiral air flow as airspeed is increased to cruise speeds. It's rudder up to that point.  It is an advantage to have aileron trim for passenger & fuel weights. My airplane had electric aileron trim, which was perfect for that perfect state of trim. I would have liked electric rudder trim too. Mine had a hand adjustable rudder tab.