Sign in to follow this  
Nico87

Reality Expansion Pack from SimCoders.com

Does a real C210 have aileron trim? or is it don't with trim tabs?

Rob

The C210 does not have the aileron trim.

About the trim tabs and the torque, I'm happy to say that we may have found a solution to simulate the correct torque (and it's not the trick suggested by Carenado).

Since we found some minor bugs I think that we will soon release an update in which we include this enhancement too. :-)

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com

I purchased from .org but still haven't received a product key. Was hoping to try it out properly today

Edit: I've got the product key now. So will go and play

Edit: I've got the product key now. So will go and play

So, how do you like it?

I must say I'm excited (and I don't get excited publicly very often...) Finally, finally, finally we have a small GA aircraft with quite precise performance, deep systems, failures, and a "history", i.e. the aircraft's status carries over the next flight. This is what I hoped for since I ever heard of A2A.

I've not yet fully explored the REP-enhanced aircraft, but my first impression is very good. I hope it finds many customers, really.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I've not fully explored it yet. I took it for a brief flight before heading out yesterday. Initial impressions are positive but I'm just not a big fan of the C210, I'm hoping/waiting they will release it for the 207.

I've not fully explored it yet. I took it for a brief flight before heading out yesterday. Initial impressions are positive but I'm just not a big fan of the C210, I'm hoping/waiting they will release it for the 207.

I see. Yeah, it seems the C210 is not very popular among X-Plane users, but I wonder why. It's a powerful and fast aircraft well suited for longer travels. (Due to the rectractable landing gear it also reminds me a little bit of the C182RG I was using back in my FSX days, I just miss an orange livery).

Good thing about REP is also that the email support is really fast in responding to questions and explaining stuff.

I always loved the C210. It was one of my top 3 planes from Carenado. Now with the REP add on, and it's currently the only thing I fly now. Its a must have add on if your into flying general aviation aircraft.

Rob

Don't get me wrong, I like the C210 as a plane, but I find the actual Carenado version too heavy on my system. Although I have TrackIR, I don't always use it, and I find the visibility from the cockpit too restrictive, e.g. Panning around to look out the left window when doing circuits is difficult as you have to move down as well (otherwise you are looking at the wall). I know this can be solved with pre-programmed views, but I just like the simplicity of the C207, which has better visibility and isn't so heavy on frames and demanding.

Of course, they intend to support more planes so I'm really looking forward to seeing this in some of the more basic planes.

I'm intrigued by their approach to fixing the prop dynamics / effects.

From what I read they made no mention to using the new datarefs, and apparently only changed trim tab settings that came with the default Carenado model.... Problem is, without using the new datarefs there simply is no way that I know to get rid of excessive rolling moment  due to torque, and increase the yawing moment due to slipstream... I wonder how the aircraft is behaving right now.

Is the difference in demanded use of rudder during high power turns to the left and to the right evident  ( right rudder being required on turns to the right, and also sometimes while turning to the left ? )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'm intrigued by their approach to fixing the prop dynamics / effects.

From what I read they made no mention to using the new datarefs, and apparently only changed trim tab settings that came with the default Carenado model.... Problem is, without using the new datarefs there simply is no way that I know to get rid of excessive rolling moment  due to torque, and increase the yawing moment due to slipstream... I wonder how the aircraft is behaving right now.

At the current version, nothing is done with your favorite topic, the torque etc.

But some posts above the dev has written about the next version which should be done in a few days:

About the trim tabs and the torque, I'm happy to say that we may have found a solution to simulate the correct torque (and it's not the trick suggested by Carenado). 

The C210 was not really on my shopping list, but it's tempting now. I really like the idea behind REP and would like to support it. 

Does it include temperature related failures of the engines (like CHT overheat)?

The C210 was not really on my shopping list, but it's tempting now. I really like the idea behind REP and would like to support it. 

Does it include temperature related failures of the engines (like CHT overheat)?

Pretty certain it does - haven't achieved that yet but be sure to use your cowl flaps as needed as I am sure it will fail - it also fails if you don't warm it up before giving it throttle! Have fallen out the sky a few times as a result. When the engine fails it also kills your electronics because of the volatage spike. Will also flood easily if you leave the fuel pump on for too long when priming. Have to fly it by the book!

The C210 does not have the aileron trim.

Since we found some minor bugs I think that we will soon release an update in which we include this enhancement too. :-)

Great product ! I love the sounds, engine management, etc... ! The torque in Xplane is not broken, I think it's the spiraling slip stream that is not model correctly. I think you got the torque backwards ! Most western aircraft will have left turning tendencies because the engine rotates clockwise. In REP the plane wants to roll to the right on climb out and when you chop the power it wants to roll to the left ???? It should be the opposite, but correct me if I am wrong ?

Regards.............

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Hi,

The plane should not roll right..maybe it does because the default fuel tank selected is the left, and the more you fly the more the right tank weight rolls the plane to the right. Remember that the fuel quantity is saved between X-Plane sessions.

Also, if you feel that the REP roll effect correction is not ok, you can disable it in the plugin settings ;-)

Claudio Nicolotti

http://www.simcoders.com