Sign in to follow this  
Todd Moore

Unknown warning on takeoff

Did this just start after you installed FS2Crew? Maybe there is a problem with their flows or modification of the T7.

Quite simple - he had a Chuck Norris Strike on takeoff. No EICAS message can deal with that.... :)

Might be a false warning related to AP disconnect logic. Try pressing the AP disconnect button to see if it clears the warning.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have taken off with flaps 20, and flaps 15.  I put that in my ref page each time.  Both times I get the warning light and horn, and no EICAS message.  My takeoff speeds are correct, and I set the plane up according to the manual.   This is really boggling my mind.

For my latest flight, the warning horn did not reset after I passed TA.  In fact, it would not reset at all for the entire flight. This is driving me mad.

I have taken off with flaps 20, and flaps 15.  I put that in my ref page each time.  Both times I get the warning light and horn, and no EICAS message.  My takeoff speeds are correct, and I set the plane up according to the manual.   This is really boggling my mind.

Can you tell us what plane is shown in the sim when FSX first starts? As an example, when you first installed FSX, the plane shown spinning in the window is the Aircreation Trike, at Friday Harbor.

Kyle Rodgers

It's the aircreation trike at Friday Harbor.

I just disconnected the AP and pressed the reset, and that cleared it.  #####.

I don't think we're gonna get anywhere without seeing your sim...

The description you provided is just too vague... "warning" and "horn" can mean a lot of things :huh:

Do you have any active (service based) failures?

(Can be found and reset in the FMC menu under pmdg/aircraft/failures IIRC.)

Not sure if this is at all related to your issue but I've had the altitude warning horn sound with the cabin altitude well below 12,000 ft. It also sounds almost exactly like a T/O config warning and it can't be reset. This, however has only occurred after a auto press fail message, but well after I switched to alternate or manual mode and rectified the situation. Strange

Not sure if this is at all related to your issue but I've had the altitude warning horn sound with the cabin altitude well below 12,000 ft. It also sounds almost exactly like a T/O config warning and it can't be reset. This, however has only occurred after a auto press fail message, but well after I switched to alternate or manual mode and rectified the situation. Strange

You're getting confused with the NGX. Also the 737 cabin altitude warning can be reset, unlike the takeoff config warning.

ki9cAAb.jpg

The TOCW horn is one and the same as the cabin pressure warning. Yes, it does go off below 12,000ft. 10,000 to be exact!! If it goes off on the ground it's take off configuration. In the air at or above 10,000ft it's cabin pressure.

Do you engage the AP prior to takeoff?

It could also have been engaged by mistake (pressing the Z key?). Either way it would disengage with a large control input at rotation, causing the continuous warning to go off.

ki9cAAb.jpg