Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

Before T/O C/L - Flaps challenge

Hi,

I hope this has not been discussed already or I missed it.

During the before takeoff checklist, I can't get the flaps challenge to work. As per manual, I answer flaps XX to the flaps challenge but the FO replies with the same flaps level and doesn't complete the checklist.

Is the real answer to the flaps challenge "flaps XX" as written in the manual? I tried also "flaps XX, XX set" but with no avail.

The only way to complete the checklist is to say Set and checked after the flaps challenge.

Thanks for the help.

I forgot to say I'm using the v1.1.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Is the real answer to the flaps challenge "flaps XX" as written in the manual? I tried also "flaps XX, XX set" but with no avail.

The correct phrase is, for example, "FLAPS FIVE" exactly like that.

Do you see that in the Green Bar?

Also, are you using the Paper Checklists or the ECL (as per the FS2Crew CFG options).

Remember if the ECL option is selected you don't need to say Flaps 5, etc., since it should be auto ticked.

Hi Bryan,

When the FO asks "Flaps", I answer for exemple "flaps 15", then the FO repeats "flaps 15" like if I asked him to set the flaps instead of completing the checklist.

I set the paper checklist in the config.

The only way to complete the checklist is to say set and checked.

It does the same no matter what flaps are selecting in the briefing panel and set after the engine start.

All what I say is correctly caught by the speech recognition and displayed in the green bar.

Hi Bryan,

No I'm not using cold weather procedures, but I can try to see if I have the same problem.

It is still a strange issue, not very serious though. I own several Fs2crew voice products (PMDG NGX, B744, B777 and J-41, and Majestic) and it is the only one I have trouble with and it is the only issue for that product.

I will keep trying several different things (like switching to ECL option, then back to paper c/l) but I'm still interested in other ideas.

Thanks for you help.

I will keep trying several different things (like switching to ECL option, then back to paper c/l) but I'm still interested in other ideas.
\

This was a bug and I just fixed it for Version 1.2.

Cheers,

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this