Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ken.Pascoe

Bug Report : Returning to an ECL NNM checklist

Howdy All

If anyone would like to verify this on their installation as I report it to PMDG, that would be great.

If you are halfway through a NNM checklist with ECL, the numbers down the right hand side indicate green (completed) pages and white (incomplete) pages. If for some reason you close the ECL (to look at a synoptic for example) then re-open the ECL with a NNM checklist incomplete, the ECL will do one of the following (in order or priority):

(a) Show you a list of incomplete or un-attempted NNM checklists (the "Queue")
(b) Take you to the first incomplete page in the ECL NNM checklist you were actioning,

Currently in the latter circumstance, the PMDG 77W takes you to the first page of the incomplete NNM checklist- whereas it should take you to the first incomplete page.

Regards,

Ken Pascoe

BusCardSmall.jpg

Ken,

Can you please stop calling these threads "Bug Reports"? They may be things PMDG missed, they may be areas of operation not covered deliberately, or they may actually by software bugs (i.e. code not working as designed). But until that is established they aren't bugs.

If you are certain the simulation correct then open a support ticket. There's not a lot of point reporting possible bugs here.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you are certain the simulation correct then open a support ticket. There's not a lot of point reporting possible bugs here.

Right. And Kyle have told him before, too. I think he might be misunderstanding the purpose of these forums. This is a community support forum so there's absolutely nothing anyone here can do. Ken, we can't fix bugs here, only these guys can: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

forum-sig.png

Guys, I think Ken just wanted to verify that this was an issue before reporting it to PMDG.

That said, Ken, yeah maybe just call the topic something like "Incorrect checklist behaviour" or something.

The word "bug" tends to annoy people on here, mostly because it is 99% of the time used by people who don't know how to operate the airplane properly. I realize this is not the case with you, having read many of the interesting topics on your website.

Wes Meyer

Guys, just to clarify - and you'll note my absence in this thread and one of his other more recent ones - my posts were to say:

"If you're absolutely sure it's a bug, then skip the forum and go to support.precisionmanuals.com."

The part that I - unfortunately - left off was that, if you need verification, then by all means...post away.

While I do agree that the word "BUG" gets me riled up (for the reasons mentioned by Wes, mainly), I do appreciate that we have some really smart people with some great information trying to make these products better.

For the record, Ken did submit tickets for some of the other ones as well, so his posts here aren't him ignoring me. The reason I didn't repeat what I'd written in my other threads, here, was that he asked for a separate verification from another user.

If anyone would like to verify this on their installation as I report it to PMDG, that would be great.

Thanks for going the extra bit to help verify this with others before sending it over to us. All the same, any time you are absolutely sure you've found a bug, send it on over.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi All

Point taken on the purpose of the foum and the requirement to submit all "bugs" to PMDG through the support network in order to bring proper atttention to anomalies. I do want to ensure tha the things I notice are not perculiar to my installation however, and appreciate anyone who takes time out to look at what I've written and validate my observation. Any "bug" I notice here will end up as a support request to PMDG when I can ensure it's not a furfey.

Regards,

Ken Pascoe

BusCardSmall.jpg

Hi there,

I carried out a quick test in order to back your observations, should you want to submit a ticket with PMDG. The 77W with SP1c is used, I assume similar one would get similar results with the 77L/F pack. 

For the purpose of this test I chose the fuel NNM checklist and made a similar observation to yours. I completed the first two pages and as expected their number on the right hand side indicated green. Then I switched to the fuel synoptics and reverted back to NNM checklist to find myself on the first page on this checklist.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Lucas Latreche

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now