Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Who can help me find freeup an extra 200 mb VAS ?

I use MyTraffic for P3D and already I set the slider back from 30 to 20.

Gerard, you should use AI Traffic Optimizer as you can set AI to 100% and never think about it again. It works wonders for me (I have 2000 traffic files and 25GB of AI aircraft and ships installed). With the manager software you simply set the # of aircraft you wish to use and it will favour aircraft on the ground, making airports look busy, and stop the traffic jams on approach. I can fly circles around NYC all day long with no OOM problems.

Check it out here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451048-traffic-optimizer-for-p3d/

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Regarding what i said about that full screen/window modes... I made a really crappy video that shows what i meant. It's kinda quick, so in order to read the comments you will probably have to pause the video. But it's enough to see what happens.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks guys.

I surely will try your suggestions.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Simmer2050,

Where in ProcessLasso would you set this watchdog? (Just out of curiosity being a ProcessLasso user)

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Gerard, you should use AI Traffic Optimizer as you can set AI to 100% and never think about it again

True, but at 30-35% commercial traffic, MyT Pro 5.4 completely fills all of its gates and parking spots at a real life level. At 100%, an unrealistically large amount of AI traffic will be created by P3d and then immediately destroyed by the AI Traffic Optimizer. This can't be a good thing for VAS.

As to saving VAS, it's going vary so much from system to system, beyond not loading any add-on DLLs, the only way to manually "optimize" VAS would be to run the FSUIPC VAS monitor and experiment with:

1. Unchecking unneeded scenery from the scenery library. Same here claim that approach works, but I've never seen it do anything.

2. Saving the flight every 10 or 15 minutes and then reloading it. This seems like too much trouble to be worth it. Often, the panel state is not preserved properly, even with the "serialization" option turned on.

3. Seeing how switching to various views affect VAS usage.

4. Seeing how different aircraft affect VAS usage.

One thing is for sure, though, you should at least have 8 GB of  physical RAM and probably 10-12 GB minimum, because Windows' use of its swap file is pretty inefficient. I rarely see any OOMs, but I have 40 GB of physical RAM installed. That's complete overkill with a 32 bit app like P3d, but it sure prevents Windows from using its swap file for anything but keeping previously closed programs somewhere in memory in case they need to be loaded at some later date.

True, but at 30-35% commercial traffic, MyT Pro 5.4 completely fills all of its gates and parking spots at a real life level. At 100%, an unrealistically large amount of AI traffic will be created by P3d and then immediately destroyed by the AI Traffic Optimizer. This can't be a good thing for VAS.

I had forgotten about that. I threw out MY Traffic a long time ago because of it. I only use freeware AI based on real world routes, and besides it has much better looking models and repaints.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I'm still on FSX so I don't know if the format is the same in P3D, but one way I reduce VAS is only loading addon DLL's that I'm actually using in a session. There's no sence loading CS dll's when I'm flying an Aerosoft A320. I do this by adding this line to each optional addon entry in the dll.xml file.

<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>

This will force FSX to ask me if I want to load that dll. I say yes only to those I'm currently using. Using this methd I have eliminate about 99% of the OOMs I was getting, including with PMDG aircraft (and I'm running on 32bit Vista). This also helps since the space is being saved at the beginning of the session, it leaves a larger contiguous space in the VAS.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

This is what solved my OOM's, as suggested here on the P3D forum.  Before doing this, I could not even load a flight at EGLL using Aerosoft EGLL Extended and ORBX UK scenery with the Milviz 737-200.  As soon as I had it all selected, my P3D crashed with an OOM.

Now, however, I am able to fly extended tube flights all over without any OOM's.

The trick is to create a startup scenario via the scenario menu...selecting the departure airport, aircraft, and clear weather, then saving it and shutting down P3D.  The culprit seems to be using the Vehicles menu to choose your aircraft at the startup screen.  Once you do this, VAS goes to hell quickly.  By creating the startup scenario, you bypass the Vehicles menu.  Seems to be a flaw in  the current 2.4 version.  Now, I start up Active Sky Next first, load the scenario, and every thing works without an OOM.

This is not my idea, but I thank everyone on the forums who came up with this, because I have not had a single OOM since following this schedule.

This is what solved my OOM's, as suggested here on the P3D forum.  Before doing this, I could not even load a flight at EGLL using Aerosoft EGLL Extended and ORBX UK scenery with the Milviz 737-200.  As soon as I had it all selected, my P3D crashed with an OOM.

Now, however, I am able to fly extended tube flights all over without any OOM's.

The trick is to create a startup scenario via the scenario menu...selecting the departure airport, aircraft, and clear weather, then saving it and shutting down P3D.  The culprit seems to be using the Vehicles menu to choose your aircraft at the startup screen.  Once you do this, VAS goes to hell quickly.  By creating the startup scenario, you bypass the Vehicles menu.  Seems to be a flaw in  the current 2.4 version.  Now, I start up Active Sky Next first, load the scenario, and every thing works without an OOM.

This is not my idea, but I thank everyone on the forums who came up with this, because I have not had a single OOM since following this schedule.

Excellent thank you for describing this.   I'm quite frankly confused now since for the past year I could fly all over creation and never get an OOM, not ever for the past year, and that included flying across country and in and out of FTX regions.   Since I installed FSCaptain, Accu-Feel & FSDT Hawaiian airports about a week ago OOMs are a regular occurrences now, unless I use FTX Global only, then I seem to be ok.  I uninstalled Accu-Feel & Hawaiian Airports, but I still get them and I have no idea why.   I don't want to find out FSCaptain is at fault because I love it dearly already.  I do need to do one test flight w/o loading FSCaptain and see if maybe that is what happened.  Anyway, I will try your suggestion as well and go from there--good stuff!

I can tell you what I have always done, is select only 'favorite' aircraft in the vehicle selection, and that amounts to only about 5 planes.  I wonder if this helps reduce the VAS footprint at startup? 

I just need an extra 200mb extra free VAS...

Do you ever cycle thru 2D main views Gerard?  I have disabled the main.bmp on my current favorite plane which I load then close in order to get the full unobstructed outside view.  By changing that window in panel.cfg to visible=1 to visible=0 I can now get to the outside view w/o first displaying the 2D view so that saves a good chunk of VAS.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,

As I have a real size cockpit I only use the 2d cockpit without instruments visible.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0