Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Uhhh, FSX doesn't start :(

Hey guys,

have a huge problem with my FSX, I cannot explain why!

In den last year everything was good, tough I got just Scenery.CFG File error, nonetheless everything worked. Then I installed ORBX Global and SImStarter, it worked my last flight was on 31/12/14. I intended to start a fly yesterday, but wasn't able to do so. Got this "FSX Process not found handle=0" error, I thought it's due to EZDOK, I deinstalled it, but now my FSX isn't starting any more. I tried to recover my SceneryCFG, no change.

When I start FSX.exe, I just get three Scenery.CFG Errors, and then FSX closes with out any message. I think something is really corrupt.

Can you please help me out?

EDIT: I forgot to write: After I installed ORBX Global, I tried to move all the entries in the FSX Scenery Library, I've read I could do that much faster my selecting one entry and press enter. I don't what happened, but I wasn't able to see any Addons any more, so the title of the Scenery vanished. Not sure, if this has to do with all that.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Delete or rename the scenery.cfg file. FSX will build a new one the next time it starts.

Doug

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

This haven't worked. I did start FSX, I didn't get the scenery.cfg error, but Flightsim doesn't start. It just disappears after a while without any message. I've checked if it has created a new Scenery.cfg - it did.

I think I have broken my Sim this time. Really have no idea how to solve.

Then rebuild you FSX.cfg. This will cause FSX to restart with all its default settings and you will be promted to re-register all other 3rd party modules into FSX again. This is a realy good option for process of elimination.  Back up your original first

Tried this, modules got registered again, but after few seconds, FSX crashes without any message.

I tried both, now I've de-installed SimStarter. Unfortunately, no change. I don't know whether simstarter or something else has been the cause of error or ORBX Global or the reason I pressed enter in my FSX Scenery Library to move a entry.

But this time - I beliebe - my FSX is genuinely messed up.

Okay, so is it still giving you a scenery error and then just closing out? is the scenery error something along the lines of  invalid remote path..... ? 

No, I don't get his error any longer since FSX created a new scenery.cfg. Honestly, I haven't made a screenshot, so I don't know the exact error message.

When I start the fsx.exe it just closes out; without any message or error.

Tried this, modules got registered again, but after few seconds, FSX crashes without any message.

I'm sorry, I wonder if you had an option to load FSX with just the defaults and before loading any other 3rd party modules? This could in fact verify that FSX alone is indeed the problem.

So remove or rename the fsx.cfg, restart FSX and let it build and DENY any modules from loading when prompted. See if FSX will start in its default location.

Ok that worked! Without loading 3rd party modules, FSX starts in default.

Question is now, how to find out what scenery or tool is corrupt. When I got the scenery.cfg error, I just remember something with "268 Leb_Trans".

Ok that worked! Without loading 3rd party modules, FSX starts in default.

Question is now, how to find out what scenery or tool is corrupt. When I got the scenery.cfg error, I just remember something with "268 Leb_Trans".

Ok good. Now we know the problem is not FSX. AT this pint you would load one module at a time starting FSX only after each individual model until you come across the problem. Sorry but this could take some time depending on what you have installed. I'm not sure what thi is ("268 Leb_Trans".)

That's so typical. I've done what you've suggested. Guess what: Addon Manager has been caused the problem. I've had downloaded the latest version, because I always got this annoying pop-up and look, it destroys the hole FSX. When I installed FSDT products in the last year, I had a lot of problems with this tool either, then after a time it worked out. Now everything again: How can a module mess up the SIM that way? I read a lot of people are at loggerheads with that tool. Sorry, for that but this seemingly part of our hobby :-)

Nonetheless, I am able to start my FSX but no sceneries load up, though PMDG is select- and flyable. When I look into the scenery manager, I can see standard scenery, only. Do I've to login every single addon again?

Well thats going to be the tricky part. Its extremely difficult to tell if any of your sceneries are messed up and might be causing additional problems. Assuming that your sceneries are installed ok, then you could enable individual sceneries just as you did individual modules to see if you come across other problems. Fs Scenery Config Editor  found here: (http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/) is a really good tool to add/remove sceneries outside of FSX.

Installed it.

In all likelihood a complete re-installation of FSX would be considerable at this circumstances. My Win 7 doesn't work as fast as it might any longer either, so probably a completely new set up would make it all easier. My System has been running for 2 years now, so much content has accumulated in this time, what makes the system slower. 

However, before I go to set everything new up, I would like to investigate in more detail how to build up a stable system in regard to Win7 and FSX. In all honesty, I think I never have gone with a system that long. Two years without format my HDD is a record. May be I could do it even longer, with more systematics and bit more know-how, so I need to collect some information, how to achieve that.

I don't need to do that immediately, so I can load a scenery into my library and fly as compromise solution, until I am ready to set everything up.

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X, Win 7, Security and so on? When it comes to FSX I want not go too much into detail, because flying is more important. However, that much being able to understand how FSX works internally.

In all likelihood a complete re-installation of FSX would be considerable at this circumstances

Once in a while, reinstalling is the only thing that makes sense. I did it just two days ago and my FSX is flawless, even without stutters. It helps to get rid of old files you no longer need on your system and start anew.

However, before I go to set everything new up, I would like to investigate in more detail how to build up a stable system in regard to Win7 and FSX.

Good luck with that. Until a 64bit flightsim platform that we can all enjoy becomes available, you will find yourself like the rest of us spending lots of money on the best CPU, best Graphics card, best this, best that and only to find ourselves stuck with the current FSX limitations. Nevertheless, if you haven't already done so, much of us are putting FSX on dedicated SSD drives. I have my FSX on a dedicated Samsung 512GB drive...its faster and much easier to manage when not shared with th OS drive. More people are also putting additional addons such as sceneries and weather programs on dedicated drives too. I haven't tried it yet...too expensive and but is suppose make FSX more fluid in its operation.

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X

When it comes to resources for FSX I spend my time searching here in the Forum. The guys here are very sharp and very helpful. Then I investigate how I want to spend my money..The system I have now was built in Sep 2013 and caused me roughly $1800+.  Prior to that I had been upgrading a system I built 8 years prior and even managed FSX on that. I last upgraded that to win7 32bit and I had never seen OOM errors until I moved to 64bit. In any case, I think reinstalling first and adding all your sceneries  etc would be  good start to see where you might be lacking.....If you can hang on a bit longer, I hear there might be a 64bit Flightsim coming soon...though not FSX....I'm hardcore FSX user...

All the best

Have you any good resources and advises to build a fundamental "conciousness" in regard to Flight Simulator X, Win 7, Security and so on? When it comes to FSX I want not go too much into detail, because flying is more important. However, that much being able to understand how FSX works internally.

I always recommend the following guide for reinstalling FSX - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

I also recommend using the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for first setting up FSX.  You can modify things slightly after everything is set up but this configuration works in most cases.  AVSIM also has a CTD Guide which provides useful information on how to continue to avoid CTD's in the future, etc.

Best regards,

Hey Troy, thank you very much for your help so far. Do you mean the Flight Simulator 2015 by Dovetail Games?

@Jim. Thanks for your reply! I just have found and downloaded the CTD Guide. Where can I get the reinstalling Guide for FSX?

here can I get the reinstalling Guide for FSX?

The link did not show up.  Sorry.  I forgot you have to go to BBC Code to paste a link in a post.  I'll edit the above post with the link.

Best regards,

Hey Troy, thank you very much for your help so far

You Bettcha..Anytime.

Do you mean the Flight Simulator 2015 by Dovetail Games?

Honestly I can't say. I hear talks like this all over the forum, but I'm not one to open a can of beans when I have no general knowledge of whats going on...It's all hearsay to me until something is officially announced :smile2: