Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Another radar gauge for VC & Window usage

Roland

I have a folder named as_srv. Just amended my dll.xml but still no gauge. What I get is a totally blank screen with no outline of a gauge whatsoever, so I don't think that it is a ASN connection problem, it seems to me that my gauge file is corrupted. I have downloaded it twice.

I did originally install the ASN weather gauge and Byrn's gauge and they both worked.

I have since uninstalled them.

John

Unfortunatelly V0.6 still does not work for me.

The only difference is that in 2D panel mode I now see a (steady) semi trasnparent black rectangle.

In VC I get a blank GPS panel screen, buttons work but no image.

Xgauge works ok in 2D or VC.

Let me know if I can help with more feedback about my system specifics and FSX setup.

Did you followed John's problem posts above and processed the proposed checkings?

I would not be surprised if you have the same missing dll entry in your DLL.xml.

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Confirmed, the AS_srv folder is in my FSX root, and the entry

-----------------------
-<Launch.Addon>
<Name>as_connect</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon> 
-----------------------

it is writen in my dll.xml file

No "No radar link!" message appears either 2D or VC.

(for testing 2D is installed at default cessna caravan and VC at Manfred Jahn's DC-3 V2)

Did you installed VC++ 2013 runtime - see post #13?

You need to install the x86 version of these runtime, even if you own an x64 computer!

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You need to install the x86 version of these runtime, even if you own an x64 computer!

That was it!

Works great now   :smile:  Thank you! 

I had installed the x64 version yesterday as per your post 13 suggestion because i have win 7 64bit. 

You should mention this detail in your future readme/manual of the gauge. 

It also works great in the VC. I installed it into the GTN 750 equipped Milviz Baron B55, replacing the second GTN, the GTN 650. Interestingly, when I clicked the VC radar gauge to popup (which shouldn't pop up the 2D version of the radar gauge) it popped up the 2D GTN 650. So the VC GTN 750, the VC radar gauge and the GTN 650 are all simultaneously accessible in some manner.

The only issue that I saw was that the blue informational text did not show up in the VC version. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Or is it a font-sizing issue?

That was it!

Works great now   :smile:  Thank you! 

I had installed the x64 version yesterday as per your post 13 suggestion because i have win 7 64bit. 

You should mention this detail in your future readme/manual of the gauge. 

Finally, got it going. Thanks for your help Roland.

John

@John

You are welcome. I like when things are working :rolleyes:

@Jay

- Also if your Gps unit has a VC power button, you can keep the Gps gauge active and switch from Radar to Gps using this power button (however it's not the best thing for performance issue)

- For text display, you need to change at least once the gain or tilt or range for the text to be shown.

- Can you put a link to the GTN 750 integration picture? I have no access to this forum :(

Thanks for your positive feedbacks.

Roland

Roland

Roland

Quick question, how to do you get the radar to sweep more often? Mine seems to do one sweep and then stop. 

I am busy installing it into a number of VC's. Awesome. Also, do you intend in the future to build a shell around it?

Regards

John

John,

Sweep period is constant, around 2.5 sec for a side. It's computed from the fixed 18Hz Fsx callback.

If sweep stops after one time (actually it does not stop but the picture is not changed, so you think it is), it could mean that ASN does not send new data to the gauge. Strange. If you switch to slew mode and rotate the aircraft, you should see the radar picture rotating.

Did you check post #34 for the exact ASN library entry name in DLL.xml you were missing?

Roland