Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Just read the documentation to AIBTC, and it looks like the end point have to be a ca 300m radius. Does that mean that it isn't possible to have a ship dock in a harbour, and stay there untill it's return trip?

BTW. What made you choose to make the Brazilian Navy?

Hi Jørn,

Using the "Ferry" mode you can get the ship to dock precisely on the spot you want. Only inconvenient is that it will leave going backwards to the first node on your route and there it will turn 180 degrees - so you need a space close to the point where it docks, where it will have room for that movement.

Brazilian navy... well, I spend a great part of my time with my family in Brazil, but the models you see also have the benefit that the same types serves or have served other navies including Thailand, United Kingdom, Romania, Chile, Germany, France...

Henrik

Hi @all! First of all thank you for this wonderful freeware addon! It's simply amazing!

I just have one question: I installed everything as described into Prepar3d v3.4 newest hotfix and I have no sound when I am close to the ships.

Any ideas on this?
Many thanks in advance!

Hi - not all the ships have sound so you might check another. I do not have the latest version of P3d installed so no chance of checking at this point. If somebody can do a test it would be good.

Henrik

Hi espresso,

if you give me an example (ship name, position, date and UTC) I can check the ship in P3D V3.4.

Grüße / Greetings

aus / from Hamburg (the most beautiful city in the world) grin.gif

Manfred

SimDocks-Logo-dark-grey200px.png

I have disabled all 3 default traffic files in FSX (eg. TrafficBoats.BGL -> TrafficBoats.OFF) but I can still see leisure boats in the game. I also checked that I don't have any addon traffic in FSX. So, I guess smth else makes leisure boats visible.

Can you please advise which settings or files should I disable in FSX? I guess FSX.cfg traffic settings don't matter if the respective traffic.bgls are disabled...

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Can you please advise which settings or files should I disable in FSX? I guess FSX.cfg traffic settings don't matter if the respective traffic.bgls are disabled...

Not sure if it will work on ship traffic, but you might try something like Just Flight's freeware Traffic 360 BGL Checker to search for traffic files not in the default folder.

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Bina,

Could the slider setting in FSX still have an effect? Are they set to zero?

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Bina,

Could the slider setting in FSX still have an effect? Are they set to zero?

Well, I can disable the cfg setting for leisure boats but I'm afraid this will also disable the relevant traffic in Henrik's pack. Hence I guess if traffic files are set to OFF, the cfg setting shouldn't matter. I've just reformatted my system and have only FSX installed, no addons yet (including Henrik's pack). So, I wonder if there are other traffic files except the three default ones mentioned above...

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Leisure boats are not AI traffic. They are regulated in traffic settings, but they are not managed with a traffic bgl. Put your settings to 0% for leisure boats and they will disappear and you can still have all my ships by putting the ships and ferries slider to 5 %.

• Upvote 1

Leisure boats are not AI traffic. They are regulated in traffic settings, but they are not managed with a traffic bgl. Put your settings to 0% for leisure boats and they will disappear and you can still have all my ships by putting the ships and ferries slider to 5 %.

Oh, that's a real news for me after so many years in FSX... :))) Thanks a million, Henrik, you saved my day!!!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

You're welcome. Leisure boats actually spawns - I guess randomly - near coasts, so you never see them mid-ocean and their movements are random. Larger ships follow routes and time schedules. Routes can be several thousand kilometers long.

You're welcome. Leisure boats actually spawns - I guess randomly - near coasts, so you never see them mid-ocean and their movements are random. Larger ships follow routes and time schedules. Routes can be several thousand kilometers long.

I think they're "randomness" is linked to type of landclass, so populated areas town/cities do have boat traffic - uninhabited coastlines don't. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

For now, I've just switched off the leisure boats traffic in FSX.cfg completely (LEISUREBOATSDENSITY=0).

Digging the issue further, this is what I've found out in confirmation of Henrik's words: here (Timmo's comment) and here (see: product description concerning the Living World). So, I guess a detailed description is provided in SDK, which I don't currently have installed, but it is just a tip for those interested in how the leisure boats and the FSX Living World work in general.

Regards,

Victor Quebec

First test in P3d of the G40 Bahia and below L9011 Foudre with a French Puma made by Bernard BERJU83 on the deck

16120511110716112914685476.jpg

16120511425716112914685515.jpg