Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Further Engine ITT adjustments

Can you describe how you've installed the files?

Unpacked the GaugePC12.cab file (using something like winrar or winzip) from the Prepar3D or FSX gauges folder, i.e. there should be a bunch of XML and bmp files that should go into ...\Prepar3D v2\gauges\GAUGEPC12 or ...\FSX\gauges\GAUGEPC12. Do you see that?

Then from the v0.7 download link, saved the new Gauge_Update.xml over the existing Gauge_Update.xml that was originally unzipped from the .cab into that \GAUGEPC12 folder?

Correct.  And using your aircraft.cfg.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Do you happen to have any of the following folders within the ...Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel folder:

GAUGEPC12

GAUGEPC12EADI

GAUGEPC12EHIS

GAUGEPC12KMC

If so, please copy them into the ...\Prepar3D v2\gauges folder and delete those folders from the ...Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel folder, and try again. Thanks.

Another test to see if it's calling my modded Gauge_update.xml or Bert's/default's:

When both batteries/generators are off and the engines are off, switch the STBY BUS switch to ON. The electrical circuit should power on at that point to allow for lamp testing. If not, then some other gauge_update.xml is being loaded by the aircraft.

Do you happen to have any of the following folders within the ...Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel folder:

GAUGEPC12

GAUGEPC12EADI

GAUGEPC12EHIS

GAUGEPC12KMC

Negative, it's a clean PC-12 install (been rebuilding/reinstalling my FSX the past few days anyway).  Oh well, it's a minor aesthetic detail.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Maybe try either a new default flight or set up a cold and dark (NOT USING CARENADO'S COLD AND DARK OPTION) on the PC12 and save as a default flight and see if that makes a difference (could be an initialisation problem). Let me know if the STBY BUS switch works for you as described above. Thanks.

AtlanticFlyer started a kgs. instead of lbs. mod, even with a bmp that says Fuel in Kgs on the engine panel. Once you are doing with this would it be possible to adapt your mod for kgs? Thanks for this great work, having so much fun now that the pc-12 is more realistic.

Should be possible; I didn't want to encroach on what Bert and AtlanticFlyer had done with the changes though, but if there's some interest in a kg mod and if AtlanticFlyer is too busy I can look into it.

Beta v0.8 released with improved start up and idle Ng (should be condition lever to ground idle after 13% Ng).

Beta 0.8 Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhLXBfYW56c2lCd3M/view?usp=sharing

Anyone still testing these out?

Thanks! I have not had a good fsx week, chasing oom all week unable to finish a flight. Maybe this week will be better and I can use the new version. Thank you for this great work

It'll show 0 amps if the batteries are charged, positive if not charged but charging, and negative if gen is off with batteries on.

When you first switch the generators on, before the batteries are charged you'll notice positive amp indication which is the gen amps working to both cover the load and battery recharge.

It'll show 0 amps if the batteries are charged

Ahhh HA! Ok... Well there you have it then! Thanks again for the hard, hard work!!  What a great plane... Wish I could own the real thing, as I bet it's even a bigger blast to actually fly it.

Ok, for everyone else with win 7:

You can re cab these mods, and place them back into the FSX Gauges folder. This is a good thing as it is supposedly faster for FSX to access the cab file. There is also

a FSX exclusive file type (SPB) that is even faster for FSX, but is allot more difficult to make.

Follow along, it's easy!! FIRST, Hit the start button and type IEXPRESS into the search box. Double Click the name in the results to run it:

Image1.jpgImage2.jpgImage4.jpgImage5.jpgImage6.jpgImage7.jpgImage8.jpgImage9.jpgImage10.jpgImage11.jpgImage12.jpgImage13.jpgImage14.jpgImage15.jpg