Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Further Engine ITT adjustments

That's interesting. I look into 1548. That combined with 1503 and 1504 set correctly should produce the correct thrust, torque and N2 at all mach and air densities.

With regards to ITT, if you have your torque, speed, thrust and N2 set up correctly already and is just ITT, try adjusting the displayed value using the xml gauge. The A:var for ITT is too limited to correct for altitude (air density) correctly from what I gather.

Give me a buzz if you need any help, but have a read of the sdk for creating xml gauges, that's how I figured it out.

Nice work autogyro.

In the eng. gauge code GEN1 DC V shows BATTVOLTS at 24 and GEN2 DC V shows GENVOLTS at 28. I guess they both should be GENVOLTS. Easy to change.

Thanks pve, I'll include this in the next revision, might set it up so that it shows GEN volts only when generators are turned on.

Ok, got a couple more data points, seems like the ITT is not power dependent enough, so I'll be adjusting that today, plus the genvolts fix. Will post up v0.4 in a few hours.

. Will post up v0.4 in a few hours.

Looking forward to this, and thanks again for the hard work... it is greatly appreciated!

Ok, got a couple more data points, seems like the ITT is not power dependent enough, so I'll be adjusting that today, plus the genvolts fix. Will post up v0.4 in a few hours.

Looking forward to it!

Matt Moore

Chief Pilot | Elite Airways "The Virtual Executive Airline" 

Apologies for the delay, but after spending pretty much all day tweaking, it's now at a stage for release.

Pretty happy with how this turned out, especially with ITT adjusting more with torque - give it a try and let me know your thoughts.

Bonus battery xml tweaks to show genvolts on the overhead once the generators are turned on; you can use this or not.

Genvolts fix suggestion incorporated, thanks pve.

v0.4 Beta:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_9RuK6jIkhMjlOTXpGWG03NnM/view?usp=sharing

Something I forgot to add to the changelog - I've adjusted the drag scalar, so the PC12 should cruise at almost exactly the correct book IAS for given ISA/torque/altitude.

thanks a lot for all the time spent in this mod, it really improves the flying experience in the pc 12

I did a couple of flights and having to check temps regularly adds a lot to the immersion!

There may be some more tweaks, as in some cases I found I could not reach climb torque (I will need to test more, low alt, during initial climb)

But overall it seems to be on the numbers

just one question on the behavior as alt increases: from my various readings  i had understood that ng should remain stable for a specifc power lever position. torque varies, but power lever basically sets Ng.

with your mod, ng increases as the aircraft climbs

Is it a limitation of some sort, or is my understanding wrong?

Hi fred580, thanks for testing it out.

If you could send me a screenshot or let me know what temps you were getting when you couldn't reach climb torque, let me know - currently I think the mod runs the PC12 a bit hot when it is colder weather - so you'll probably be seeing about 725-735 ITT when it should be 720. That should be able to be adjusted out.

If you're talking about <8000 ft or so, yes the ITT is a bit high there and drops with altitude, which isn't correct behaviour, I'll see if I can tweak it a bit but needed to ensure that ITT was more sensitive to torque across all altitudes. This behaviour was a byproduct of the maths I used to scale ITT/torque vs altitude, but I'm sure I can figure something out.

With respect to the Ng indication, I have not touched that but it should be based on the torque value - referring to torque figures, in the mod it does climb with altitude - that'll be addressed somewhat so it's slightly more accurate, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get it rock steady based on PCL position, just given the way it's coded. But I'll reduce the altitude effects, such that the torque/Ng won't fluctuate as much when the PCL is unchanged.

Those two will go on the list next on my issues to fix, thanks again.

Hi autogyro,

Thanks for answering so quickly. My concerns are minor, I won't go back now that I have tested your mod.

Improvements, if feasible with reasonable effort would be awesome.

So yes, ITT below 10k feets is high. As I said i need to test more but climbing just after take-off I can't set 36.9 psi as this would yield 760 to 780 degrees (from memory)

Need to hold power back a bit.. or ignore itt reading during this phase. After all, initial POH authorized up to 760C during climb...

And regarding Ng variations, it could be a side-effect of some tweaks as I remember the default air file did no react like this.

Again, thanks for your work, you're definitely on the right path!

I've got some ideas on how to tweak the low alt ITTs. Will try that when I get home from work, might be able to get the next version out this evening.

As for the throttle, did some tweaking last night and just about got it right, you almost don't need to touch it once set to 36.9 PSI until ITT becomes limiting, which happens at present between 12,000 and 14,000 ft at ISA.