Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Further Engine ITT adjustments

Does anybody have anything else they would like to see fixed?

I was thinking of tweaking the Ng display at start up, so that before moving the condition lever the Ng goes up to 18%, with the indicated idle Ng at 50 something percent. It would be visual only, wouldn't affect thrust but at least would look more realistic. I wouldn't be able to change the prop turning animations to make it start before moving the condition lever as that is coded into the model, but at least engine indications will look better.

Thoughts on anything else you guys would like to see improved?

I have tried to fix the EPS Swiitch to match the operation but can only find one ref in Gauge_Update.xml

1 before engine power and bat 1 /2 off

EPS SW Test 5 sec  green Light ON

EPS SW armed Amber LED ON

Turn bat1/2 SW  amber LED should go OFF and stay OFF until there is a total Electrical POWER Failure ,

then the amber led comes ON to indivcate that the AC is powered by the Emergency POWER System,

, that by the way is abn optional feature  (why bother putting it in if you are not doing it right...)

Jorge

It wouldn't be hard to do, but unfortunately I think a lot of the panel lights are hardcoded into the mdl file and the encoded modeldef.xml files.

So, in other words, there isn't a .bmp that can be called up to show the power being on or in test mode etc, without reverse engineering the mdl file (not that it can really be done) and extracting the relevant texture that shows the light as being on.

The gauge_update reference for it is just to set its default initialisation position, being in the off position.

I'll be releasing a big battery do-over next - now it'll last 60 minutes with just the battery running, and something in the order of 30 minutes with primary systems running - so that if the engine fails or generators break mid flight, you won't discharge battery in 15 minutes and leave yourself running on just standby instruments.

With the next release, some further CAWS corrections - the CAWS AOA DE ICE indicator will be switched off - from what I read it should only come on when there's a malfunction, not just when it's off, N ESSENTIAL BUS CAWS warning on where GEN 1 is switched off mid flight.

Might be later tonight, probably tomorrow though.

Shouldn't the inertial separator on cause a CAWS message and warning after a certain amount of time if left on?

The beacon button in the vc does not turn off right away, I have to press it twice. That never happened before installing your mod. Not sure if that is a panel state issue on my sim or not.

re EPS, thanks autogyro, I thought so but it would have been nice now that you change the batt behaviour to get the EPS to come on with loss of elect power...

Jorge

ps reverse eng would be a breach of copyright so...

Well not quite aeronauta, the EPS doesn't necessarily come on - like I said, I can't change how it appears visually nor do I want to get on Carenado's bad side!

But I have sort of timed it and the aircraft should have 30+ minutes of battery power once generator switches are turned off with most things (avionics, lights etc) turned on, and 60 minutes with most things turned off.

In fact due to FSX battery modelling about the only thing that drains battery is the probes switch, an additional system usage, flaps and gears that I could see that affects the plane, so I can't also affect how the EPS switch affects the battery as that's hard coded. I'm not a programmer so I can't really write my own battery code into a SimConnect plugin.

The inert sep is only said to come on in the case of the inertial separator door opening failure.

I'm trying to figure out a way to have AOA DE ICE turn ON after 3 minutes when the probe switch is off, as well as the AP DISENG turn on then off 30 seconds after AP is disengaged.

Anyway, v0.7 download will be out shortly.

PC12 Overhaul v0.7 beta download:

I'll try these right now.. and as always... Thank you very much for your hard work.

Thanks, let me know how you find it. I think there's an issue with the gen switches turning off the gen amps display despite the other switch being on, will need to look into it.

Yea no amp, always 25 volts (IIRC). turning on and off stuff doesn't change anything.

What it should do, is turn genamps on with the 1st switch only - do you not see that? If you switch GEN1 on, provided the engine is running, the overhead panel should show positive amp indication. When off, there should be a negative number.

If the engine is not running, the generators would not recharge the batteries and current draw should continue to show negative.

The issue I find is that the logic behind the switches is such that switching GEN1 off, even with GEN2 on, will switch off the generators - I'm in two minds whether to fix that visually, or leave it, as otherwise it might seem that the battery is recharging when it isn't.

What should be happening, is that generators should be on if at least 1 GEN switch is on - not that the generator is controlled independently by both switches (as in the model there is really only 1 generator as far as I know).

• Fix for fuel pump audio cycling.

I saw your post in the other thread and tried your file here.  Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the pulsing on the CAWS in conjunction with pulsing audio on the fuel pumps.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I saw your post in the other thread and tried your file here.  Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the pulsing on the CAWS in conjunction with pulsing audio on the fuel pumps.

Can you describe how you've installed the files?

Unpacked the GaugePC12.cab file (using something like winrar or winzip) from the Prepar3D or FSX gauges folder, i.e. there should be a bunch of XML and bmp files that should go into ...\Prepar3D v2\gauges\GAUGEPC12 or ...\FSX\gauges\GAUGEPC12. Do you see that?

Then from the v0.7 download link, saved the new Gauge_Update.xml over the existing Gauge_Update.xml that was originally unzipped from the .cab into that \GAUGEPC12 folder?

Please also advise if you're using the aircraft.cfg file from my v0.7 download link - as if you're still using your own, it might be the case that the plane you are testing on is calling a different panel folder and thus, not using the updated .xml files that is in my mod. This is especially possible if you're using Bert's mods - as the way he's suggested installing is through an alternative panel (panel.1 folder within the ...\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12 parent folder for example).

To get it then to work:

Overwrite the gauge_update.xml file from Bert's mod, wherever that is saved (likely ...Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado PC12\panel.x) where x is whatever you've put for the customised panel.

I should have been clear in the readme - if you install Bert's mods first, by enabling a specific custom panel - the gauge_update.xml that will apply, will reside in a folder different to where my mods will overwrite - and thus, in the case of the gauge_update.xml, my modded version would not be active. I believe this .xml is the only file that conflicts between Bert's mods and mine - and to clarify, I used Bert's gauge_update.xml as a basis, so it does include the relevant pitot heat and time zone reset fixes he's done.

I haven't included his autopilot and EADI/EHSI fixes in my mod - would need to make sure he's happy for me to include them but that might sort out any cross mod compatibility issues.