Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

should I buy the 300ER expansion?

Hey folks,

I am really debating on this one, I love the 777 200LR, but the 300ER just seems more heavy, which I like a lot. I have no time to do long flights at all since I am flying real life too. usually very short flight with the aerologic livery and routes.is it really that fun to fly it? cheers.

Yes there are many world routes with the 777-300ER. You don't have to do 10h flights. 

I love the -300ER, so much fun to fly. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

The 77W handles differently from the 77L and takeoff rotation can be a challenge until you get used to preventing tail strikes.  I like to fly the AA 77W flights out of KDFW, which head in a lot of different directions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey thanks for answering,

So I guess the difference aren't like those from 737-700 to an 800. and I will have to look it myself.

I find the 300ER much more enjoyable to fly and it's more of a challenge too. It's also the more widely used version. Well worth having.

ki9cAAb.jpg

A route I like to fly with the 300ER is from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St Maarten's in the Netherlands Antilles. I imagine that it's the last leg of a much longer route. :smile:

Iain Smith

EK (Emirates) fly to many destinations in their network that are <6 hours. There are other European and Asian carriers that fly <6 hour flights as well. I've been flying the 300ER more than the 200LR since the 300ER came out and I was worried I wouldn't get the opportunity to fly it much.

I asked myself the same question initially Daniel....should I buy this plane?  Said to myself all along I just wanted it for the freighter from the initial 200LR/F release.  Well I managed to "hold off" about 4 weeks after 300ER release and I caved in and bought it.  For me the hardest adjustment was taxiing.  This thing is a BEAST!  I mix up my 777 flights short, medium and long.  I've used the 300ER as a fill in for a B717 on a 30 minute Hawaiian island hopper and I've flown her from Detroit to Manila with everything in between. 

Out of every ten 777 flights, I average 6-7 with the freighter still, but I have no regrets purchasing the 300ER and giving her a workout.   Buy it...you'll LOVE it

Chris Sunseri

You can do long hops, the time acceleration feature is your friend. Even though the same basic VC it just plain feels heavier and beefier, I hardly fly the smaller one anymore except the cargo.

Thanks guys for the great advices, I mainly fly at pilotedge. so time acceleration is definitely not an option for me. will definitely consider buy it in the very near future. cheers.

The -300 also has the taxi cam, which is not available on the -200LR.  Not a huge deal, but it is to play around with.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones