Sign in to follow this  
RoughLandings

Cost per hour for a single engined trainer...ball park ...

Dear people, Could someone please give me a rough idea of how much it costs to rent a typical single engined trainer, such as the C 172.I do realize that this will vary greatly from one region to another, so I would also appreciate if you could tell me your geographical location as well.I am especially interested in prices from Europe and the USA.Thank you in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

C172SP - $104/hr (WET LEASE), Orlando, FLW. Sieffert

Cessna 172 Skyhawk (180 HP) - $80/hr (fuel included). Mobile, AL USA - www.azaleaair.com. This is the plane I train in.

Thank You very much, Gentlemen for your replies.I am trying to evaluate the possibility of getting my ppl.

Thanks again, Ken for the link. There is a lot of useful information on this site.

That link is to the FBO I fly out of, fyi. Great bunch over there.

At PSA in Concord CA, $55/hr wet to $70/hr wet for C152's, $72/hr wt to $114/hr wet for C172's, depending on the age and equipment of each plane. Instructors are $35/hr.Richard

>>In the US, you can estimate spending about $4000-8000 US for a PPL.<

Getting your PPL is much cheaper through orginizations (like CAP,Local Universities, ect.) In Salina, Kansas, for example, A C-172 costs about $80/hr through the airport, $65/hr through K-State, and $50/hr(+instructor) thorugh CAP.You might want to look around in you area to find the best deal

C172SP $97/hour wet.Boulder, Colorado (near Denver).Bruce.

I just went for my first ride yesterday. I noticed that a C152 is $55hr, C172 is $90hr and C172RG is $95hr. We flew out of KOLM, Olympia, Washington.Check out some pictures I took here.

>Pray, what is CAP?CAP equals Civil Air Patrol.One of their jobs is to search for downed aircraft.You do not need to be a pilot to be a member, you can join and fly as an observer.John

Thank You very much for the information. I see that this is in the US; learning to fly under the wing of the CAP will be no good to me, because I am not in the US.

If you're in the UK there's something similar called "Air Cadets" or something like that.Contact the RAF :-rotor

>If you're in the UK there's something similar called "Air>Cadets" or something like that.That's right, there are Civil Air Patrol type organizations that provide the same benifits to foriegn contries. I belive there are ones in the U.K, Sweden, Germany, and Spain (Don't quote me on those locations).Just contact you contries air force, and they'll inform you on where the nearest one is.

In Sweden we have "fire watch" flights. Basically you fly around and watch for forest fires and the authorities pay the bill. There has been some debate about the costs vs. the benefits so they have cut back on these flights in some areas, as far as I know.But in Sweden you can also get a CPL for free in high school/college, and of course you get free training in the air force.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Does you user name say anything about your flight experiences??:-eek

:-lol :-lol :-lolNo, I actually have no real world flight experience. It is just a tongue in cheek screen name I came up with. It more resembled my landing ability when I first joined this forum.