Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Reference Speeds?

Cessna provides the data tables in the performance area of the aircraft's documentation. That's how they do it for all of their jets. Ray didn't post the performance area, as it's over 400 pages in size. Would seriously take a looong time to post that in this thread. :)

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

This will be too much information for some, and I understand that. For those of the community who would like the numbers for takeoff as well, they are in this simple checklist from FlightSafety. If anyone is interested in the full checklist that would include emergency procedures in the event of systems failure, let me know and I can make that happen as well.

http://www.filedropper.com/citationsiinormalchecklist

Cessna provides the data tables in the performance area of the aircraft's documentation. That's how they do it for all of their jets. Ray didn't post the performance area, as it's over 400 pages in size. Would seriously take a looong time to post that in this thread. :)

No one needs 400 pages of data to fly anything. I thought Beaver was looking for the tables that provide power settings and V1,Vr and V2.

This will be too much information for some, and I understand that. For those of the community who would like the numbers for takeoff as well, they are in this simple checklist from FlightSafety. If anyone is interested in the full checklist that would include emergency procedures in the event of systems failure, let me know and I can make that happen as well.

http://www.filedropper.com/citationsiinormalchecklist

Thank you very much!!!

lubik, Malwarebytes blocks your signature image because the website is classified as malicious.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest BeaverDriver

Gentlemen - my sincere apologies for losing track of this thread. Thank you very much for the info provided - it's much appreciated. I'm afraid I got on to other things, like trying to get the airplane to altitude (just isn't going to happen) and forgot about things like rotation speeds and whatnot.

Yes, it is the speeds such as V1, Vr, V2, Vref for the various environmental factors I was looking for. Someone suggested that this might be expecting too much for a $45 model, but I disagree completely. We got them for the XP Lear, the Turbine Duke, PMDG series (all - and they aren't that much more expensive than this model now), the F1 Mustang (only $4 more than this one), and numerous other aircraft. Even just including some samples for zero fuel weight, half full and at gross would be better than nothing (from Carenado). It really bugs me that we, the paying customer, seem to have to fix and provide data for ourselves while Carenado sits back and collects the money for it. Something wrong with that picture.

@Scott - yeah, I thought it was going to be really good. They did up the bar on some things like lighting and sounds, and takeoff performance seemed right on the money. However, once I got past the initial "turn & burn" stage and started flying it like it was being put into service, the flaws very quickly became all too evident. It's to the point where I have hangared it now and we'll see how the SP goes. I'm not terribly optimistic because without a rework of the FDE's, this airplane just ain't gonna make it I'm afraid. Sad. The Citation is a good airplane IRL and fit my ops perfectly. I should have known, but after the Saratoga and PC 12, I thought maybe they had picked up their socks. It was after that that I found one of the fellows (or maybe more than one) provided many of the fixes for the PC12, not Carenado. Someone argued I was undervaluing this product by saying it should cost $15, not $45. Well, when the customer does much of the final beta testing and develops the fixes for these aircraft, I stand by my original value. Sadly.

Gentlemen - my sincere apologies for losing track of this thread. Thank you very much for the info provided - it's much appreciated. I'm afraid I got on to other things, like trying to get the airplane to altitude (just isn't going to happen) and forgot about things like rotation speeds and whatnot.

Yes, it is the speeds such as V1, Vr, V2, Vref for the various environmental factors I was looking for. Someone suggested that this might be expecting too much for a $45 model, but I disagree completely. We got them for the XP Lear, the Turbine Duke, PMDG series (all - and they aren't that much more expensive than this model now), the F1 Mustang (only $4 more than this one), and numerous other aircraft. Even just including some samples for zero fuel weight, half full and at gross would be better than nothing (from Carenado). It really bugs me that we, the paying customer, seem to have to fix and provide data for ourselves while Carenado sits back and collects the money for it. Something wrong with that picture.

@Scott - yeah, I thought it was going to be really good. They did up the bar on some things like lighting and sounds, and takeoff performance seemed right on the money. However, once I got past the initial "turn & burn" stage and started flying it like it was being put into service, the flaws very quickly became all too evident. It's to the point where I have hangared it now and we'll see how the SP goes. I'm not terribly optimistic because without a rework of the FDE's, this airplane just ain't gonna make it I'm afraid. Sad. The Citation is a good airplane IRL and fit my ops perfectly. I should have known, but after the Saratoga and PC 12, I thought maybe they had picked up their socks. It was after that that I found one of the fellows (or maybe more than one) provided many of the fixes for the PC12, not Carenado. Someone argued I was undervaluing this product by saying it should cost $15, not $45. Well, when the customer does much of the final beta testing and develops the fixes for these aircraft, I stand by my original value. Sadly.

Glenn,

Most of the early straight wings Citations were always kinda dogs when climbing into the higher altitudes. Most folks used a series of step climbs. Usually it was ATC that was restricting the unlimited climbs anyway. The Citations were just so slow that they were slowing down the Learjets closing in on them and at the time there were more Lears than Citations (at least more climbing high)

The follow on from this one was the Bravo and it started to climb a bit better due to better engines.

Once we get this one more or less on par I would like to see if we can get someone's attention and try to come up with the SIJET Super II edition. It is this S550 with some really nice new FJ44 Williams engines and it totally cures the weak climbs and also boosts the all the speeds significantly.

• Climb direct to 43,000 at gross weight in less than 25 minutes

• Cruise speed as much as 50 knots faster

• Fly 400 miles farther at maximum cruise power

• Fly 600 miles farther at economy cruise power

• Climb 40 percent better at sea level with both engines

• Reduce fuel burn and carbon emissions by more than 25 percent

They have switched thirteen S550s to the FJ44 engines so far and #14 is in the shop being upgraded now. Check is out at

http://www.sijet.com/fj44-sierra-super

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

lubik, Malwarebytes blocks your signature image because the website is classified as malicious.

I use Malwarebytes and have no problems with his signature.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I get:

Malicious Website Blocked

pic.yupoo.com

Outbound

I have the paid version of Malwarebytes with current database.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I don't now guys! This is official Eurocontrol website. :rolleyes:

Best Regards!

Guest BeaverDriver

I get:

Malicious Website Blocked

pic.yupoo.com

Outbound

I have the paid version of Malwarebytes with current database.

I got the same thing yesterday, but I didn't click on his link. It seemed to be coming from Avsim itself (possibly one of the commercials or advertisers). I can't confirm that, but I did get that message once, unrelated to his link.

It's the image in your signature... not the link in your post. Your signature image is being hosted on a website that my MalwareBytes doesn't like.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

What do you guys use for climb etc?  I've been doing 200 kias for a cruise climb below 100, then I drop to 180 at FL200, then 160 above FL300

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryanbatcund, you should match your KIAS with the M0.63 cruise speed, use the match window of the speedometer, 160 above FL300 is quite slow...you should be over 185-195...

I mantain 200 knots after take off all the way up to FL300 aprox that means 88-95% power with some mods into performance specs in the aircraft.cfg, you can't get that with the original values, so doing that, above FL300 I were somewhere between 180-195 depending on the cruise altittude, in the FL400 level is 160-165 aprox, that's where the M0.63 speed is...