Sign in to follow this  
jymp

Can't extract 2.5

I can't extract P3D V2.5, I've tried downloading three times, each time when I try to extract the full version zip file I get ... "Can not open file C;\Users\me\ etc. does not appear to be a valid archive", I've tried 7 Zip and Win Zip, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Prepar3D_v2_Professional_2.5.12942.0.zip. Size, 11,513,015,655 bytes, on disk 11,513,016,320 bytes, right-click, General Properties. In Explorer, right-click and choose Extract All...

If all the above fails, it's worth turning off your aniti virus while you download and extract the files as some can cause file corruption. Remember to turn it back on afterwards. That said, a good download manager solves 99.9% of corruption issues.

Tried 3 times and mine failed on extraction each time. First time 3 CAB files were corrupted, but the last time only 1 was. I then downloaded that CAB file on its own from Prepar3D, put it together with the other files that did download ok, and voila!

I used a DL manager - winfast i think its called? Kept failing me though. It was a pain from start to finish getting this update. Next time i will line up the individual file downloads although tis "not recommended"