Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

does anyone have a fix for fsx time?

Hello,

Every time I open up fsx its always an hour ahead of what the time should really be(ex. Chicago Midway(MDW) FSX time 10:02 A.M real time 9:02 A.M)ive tried fs real time and all it does is slow FSX down and makes it stop responding. so is there like a .DLL fix out there. With how scenery and FSX fixes are popping out like opening presents on Christmas eve there has to be something out there. 

Greetings,

You might try checking your clock settings in the BIOS/CMOS to make sure it is set to the appropriate time - your local and not showing Dalight Savings Time (yet).

Respectfully,

Brian

Don't mixed up local time and UTC Time, there are two different times that you can enter into FSX.

Nonetheless FSX time is messed up it doesn't work synchronously with windows time. I used years FSCopilot which is delivered with FSInn, but it caused FSX crashes, so I got rid of it. Then I tried some other tools for free, but they haven't worked as I wished.

You just have to make the startup situation to be on your home airfield. Put the trike at your local, and it will be fine.

Secondly, regarding FS bad clock; I use Aivlasoft EFB, in the Data Provider -> Misc -> Settings you can force Sync UTC time. This makes your FS time synchronous with the correct time whereever you fly in the world. Necessary if you fly online.

Cheers,

23.png

Has anyone written a lua script for this?

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Another good way would when we had this feature implemented in FSUIPC; so basically this tool is must have for FSX and corrects other bugs of FSX. As far as I concern it would perfect! Though I read, Peter Dowson denied to do it. Perhaps when we ask him and he recognize there is a big demand, he make it.

As qqwertde suggested, why don't you check out FSRealTime? Sets up correct time and updates based on location, at the user specified interval. Also changes time based on correct boundaries of time zones.