Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

P3D v2.5...Does anyone use DSR?

Sorry to ask, but what is now your final best-working 'display setup' regarding Graphics/AA/DSR/NI?

I know each has it own hardware, but still it might help me  ^_^

Hey 

Well, my P3D in-game settings are : FXAA :off , MSAA:4X , vsync and triple buffering : on , frame rate limiter : unlimited , Aniso : 16x .

NVI settings : Same as what steve recommended in post #28 of this topic. 

DSR : Im not really sure what i think about it. For the time being I'm not using it , I might use it at a later time . 

Cheers and let me know if you need anymore assistance  ^_^

Just started using DSRx2.0 20% smoothing, FXAA off and very impressed!

In my experience DSR has greatly improved visual quality/antialiasing of P3DV2 - gone is the horrible shimmering and jagged lines that stick out like a sore thumb

Now if the stuttering issue could be resolved, I would be a happy camper!

I need to use DSR because I absolutely despise shimmering. It is the only thing I can do at the moment that will stop me from seeing these horrific shimmers in P3D v2.5.

I am doing x1.75 with 40% smoothing 4MMSAA in P3D FXAA off and 8Anisotropic

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

I am doing x1.75 with 40% smoothing 4MMSAA in P3D FXAA off and 8Anisotropic

Which nvidia driver are you using to run DSR?

Thanks

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I have similar settings as described here in this thread (matching settings in both NI and P3D) and am using the NVIDIA 347.52 drivers on a 4GB ASUS GTX980, but no joy with any DSR setting using the ALT-Enter switch.

My settings details:

- P3D

• FXAA :off
  • MSAA:8X
  • VSync: On
  • Triple Buffering: On
  • FPS Limiter: Unlimited
  • Ansio: 16x

- NI

• MSAA: 8xQ
  • SGSS: 8x
  • Ansio: 16x
  • Neg LOD Bias: Clamp
  • Texture Filtering Quality: High Quality

BTW: I love P3D's performance as it is... simply superb.  I just want to try DSR since my cloud performance struggles a bit and I understand SGSS affects that.  I've read that DSR compensates for SGSS which would allow me to turn SGSS off and see better cloud performance.  But, can't get DSR to work.  Suggestions appreciated.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

And my actual driver is the latest WHQL build which is 347.52.

Thanks for info. Same drivers here. Will try DSR again tonight.

Have you noticed any issues with the 347.52 drivers in P3D? I don't appear to have any landing lights...am wondering if it's the fault of these latest drivers...

Cheers

Adam

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for info. Same drivers here. Will try DSR again tonight.

Have you noticed any issues with the 347.52 drivers in P3D? I don't appear to have any landing lights...am wondering if it's the fault of these latest drivers...

Cheers

Adam

I got my landing lights with it! Sorry....if you wan't I have my DSR settings up on my website, I am putting my v2.5 settings up this week but for the most part they are the same. You can test with these if you wan't if you have a similar system georgekonline.com then click on Prepared v2.4

ELB729.png

Thanks will check it out.

And my landing lights weren't working because I forgot to tick "landing lights illuminate ground" in settings...:P silly me!

FSUK.jpg

But, can't get DSR to work.  Suggestions appreciated.

At first I couldn't either. Then I realized you need to toggle your P3D window from windowed mode to full screen. That toggle activates DSR.

so, I guess for you now you need to

1) Set DSR to x2.0 and 33 smoothing (for now to test)

2) Set your resolution in the P3D menu to the new resolution that DSR gives you (with the drop down in display settings)

3) You won't see any difference now, but when you toggle to full screen you should....

Hope this helps, because it didn't work for me out of the box either.

ELB729.png

2) Set your resolution in the P3D menu to the new resolution that DSR gives you (with the drop down in display settings)

Thanks, George... that was the trick!  I wasn't aware I needed to select the new resolution within P3D to enable DSR.  It works, but only if you have "Black-out Desktop" under P3D Full-Screen Settings selected as well.  With all that I did get it to work, but the image isn't pleasing at all.  

With 2.00 and 33% Smoothing (2715x1527x32) the in-game red text gets smaller but there is way too much blur for my tastes, so that won't work.  With 4.00 and 33% Smoothing (3840x2160x32) the in-game red text goes back to the normal 1920x1080 size (would have expected it to be even smaller that the 2.00 setting) but the cursor grows to three times it's normal size... quite strange.  Also unpleasing.

Haven't played around too much yet, but my early experience isn't encouraging.  More experimenting will be needed.

Thanks a ton for showing me how to get it to work!  Much appreciated.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Haven't played around too much yet, but my early experience isn't encouraging.  More experimenting will be needed.

Had a similar problem Doug. The negatives outweighed the positives so I switched off DSR and put up with the "shimmers".

FSUK.jpg

Hey gang read some good tips here. I had the DSR on before with my 550ti. It worked fine, now with my 970 I tried it a,gain and there much better performance. Mother shimmering is gone and I was able to lower my MSAA to 2 while still keeping my smoothness going.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Just started using DSRx2.0 20% smoothing, FXAA off and very impressed!

Same here, using DS2x2.0 and have finally retired the SGSS setting in NI. Much better performance in clouds and about the same AA improvement as well. The only caviat is the smaller menus, but I can live with that.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor