Sign in to follow this  
glenm

iFly 747-400 for P3D Released!

Strange I get around 22-25 FPS in the VC at Flightbeams KDEN so for me had no issues at all in FSX.

Maybe you're on a faster CPU or GPU than me? (humble i7 2600k + GTX670 2GB)

My CPU is an i5 3570K and my GPU is a GTX 970. Now I have no different in performance between the iFly 747 and the PMDG 777 in FSX so for me as a complex plane its doing ok.

From EGFF to YSSY

my frames start off good but by the end of a flight are in the teens... memory leak I guess

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

my frames start off good but by the end of a flight are in the teens... memory leak I guess

Strange not experienced that either.

From EGFF to YSSY

Just to clear up the confusion, it's now released.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Thanks Jim....:) 

Just to clear up the confusion, it's now released.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Sorry for the stupid/ignorant question, but for someone that does not have any prior versin, are these separated per platform? Meaning, buying the addon at full price, do you get *either* the FSX version or the Prepar3d version! Or like some other devs you get both version with your purchase?

Thanks.

Answer to your question is "yes".  And for those who use multiple platforms, purchasing the FS9/FSX version qualifies the user for the special Prepar3D upgrade price until May 15, 2015.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Sorry for the stupid/ignorant question, but for someone that does not have any prior versin, are these separated per platform? Meaning, buying the addon at full price, do you get *either* the FSX version or the Prepar3d version! Or like some other devs you get both version with your purchase?

Thanks.

Hi Walter, 

They are separate purchases, but if you want to get it for both platforms (FSX&P3Dv2) you can buy the FSX version then use the upgrade coupon and get the P3D version.

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13150&title=ifly-747400-v20-for-prepar3d-released

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?search=true&txtsearch=ifly744

Cheers,

Glen

Answer to your question is "yes". And for those who use multiple platforms, purchasing the FS9/FSX version qualifies the user for the special Prepar3D upgrade price until May 15, 2015.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Hi Walter,

They are separate purchases, but if you want to get it for both platforms (FSX&P3Dv2) you can buy the FSX version then use the upgrade coupon and get the P3D version.

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13150&title=ifly-747400-v20-for-prepar3d-released

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?search=true&txtsearch=ifly744

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Walter,  They are separate purchases, but if you want to get it for both platforms (FSX&P3Dv2) you can buy the FSX version then use the upgrade coupon and get the P3D version. http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13150&title=ifly-747400-v20-for-prepar3d-released http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?search=true&txtsearch=ifly744 Cheers,Glen

Thanks to both for your replies!

I guess then if one wants both the best option is your suggestion: get the fsx version and then the upgrade (before the deadline).

Thanks!

I purchased the iFly 747v2 for FSX and the iFly 737 for P3D the same day ( About 1 a month ago )  The performance was so terrible in both I got a refund within a week. I was getting around 10 FPS.  When I asked for asistance support blamed everything else but the product! Funny how I can run the PMDG 737 & 777 at 30 FPS

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I purchased the iFly 747v2 for FSX and the iFly 737 for P3D the same day ( About 1 a month ago )  The performance was so terrible in both I got a refund within a week. I was getting around 10 FPS.  When I asked for asistance support blamed everything else but the product! Funny how I can run the PMDG 737 & 777 at 30 FPS

Yeah, I had a similar experience to yours. I purchased the FSX version of 747 v2, but was very disappointed by its poor performance and asked for a refund afterwards. 

However,has anyone tried the P3D verison yet? Is it any better performance vise?

Regards,

Matej

Matej Stavanja

This is what I'm worried about.

I read this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439558-ifly-737-for-prepar3d-v22/page-2 regarding the iFly 737 and from what I can gather, it seems that the 737 is either intentionally 'impaired' for P3D or it's just basically a straight port from FSX with absolutely zero optimization for P3D.

I decided to test the FSX vs the P3D model. I choose Cheddi Jagan Airport Runway as there's nothing out there, autogen, etc. I also used Carenado's Phenom as another reference. Set both sims to similar settings, no shadows in P3D.

IFLY VER 3.2.1

P3D 2.3

FSX

IFLY        49+/- FPS

Phenom  52+/- FPS

P3D

IFLY         23+/- FPS

Phenom   53+/- FPS

There does seem to be something limiting IFLYs P3D model. Never noticed it before as I don't run the VC in P3D.

Apparently there are 'steps you can perform!!!' but typically they're only accessible via the Support Forums after you've purchased. hmmmmm.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Well I have had no issues with the 747v2 in FSX and the same with the P3D version now either. Both running well for me at least with the same FPS as I get in the PMDG stuff.

From EGFF to YSSY

Well I have had no issues with the 747v2 in FSX and the same with the P3D version now either. Both running well for me at least with the same FPS as I get in the PMDG stuff.

Did you also ever try the Pmdg? Got excited it lowered prices recently, but then I also heard it's much older than the new ifly, so on the fence on whether which of the two is better :S