Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

AP Disconnect (again)

I know this has been discussed over and over, but....  Have any T7 updates afected or changed how the AP disconnects? Now seems whatever key commands or switches I use, the AP will not disconnect ;-(((

FMC setting is currently Ctrl+Shift+z Also tried just z but although i hear the click, NOTHING happens.

I do not wish to use 'click spots' on the panel. I generally use FSUIPC to asign buttons on the yoke, only that one seems to have stopped working whatever i do.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Phil

I've installed all the latest PMDG 777 Updates, in other words, running the latest version, in Prepar3D, and I have no issue with the AP disconnect. Have you looked in the FMC\PMDG settings? There is an option there to silence the wailer with either 1 or 2 presses.

I do not wish to use 'click spots' on the panel. I generally use FSUIPC to asign buttons on the yoke, only that one seems to have stopped working whatever i do.

For troubleshooting purposes, try the clickspots. If they work, it's an issue with how you configured your hardware, most likely (the yoke clickspot would probably be best).

Thanks guys.  You're quite right Kyle, the click spots do indeed prove there's nothing actually wrong. Half my problem is being lucky enough to have all the PMDG aircraft;-)  Spent so long falling back in love the NGX, that I've forgotten how to 'correctly' fly the T7;-)

Please remind me, if the FMC PMDG settings page is showing Ctrl+Shif+z for AP disconnect, then should my yoke button also be sending the same?  OR.... should it be just 'z'?

Yes! The button should be the same. If you set it up the same way as the NGX then you should be good to go.

I use the red button on the left hand of the Saitek yoke. I've never used FSUIPC for the controls though (even though I have a registered version), just the regular FSX controls menu. Still hasn't failed me :P

I do remember having this problem before I assigned that specific button. If I was below a certain altitude on final, I was unable to disconnect using the standard "Z". I would just hear the slight click but nothing would happen.

Oh yuk! Just remembered why i went back to the NGX....  Every approach to a major or even semi major field gives me an OOM with the 777:(

Please remind me, if the FMC PMDG settings page is showing Ctrl+Shif+z for AP disconnect, then should my yoke button also be sending the same?  OR.... should it be just 'z'?

The key command set in the Settings Page should match the key command you're sending with your yoke.

Basically, you're doing the following:

• On the Settings page, telling the 777 to listen for the CTRL+SHIFT+Z command.
  • Via FSUIPC (or similar program), telling the yoke to send the CTRL+SHIFT+Z command that the 777 is listening for.