Sign in to follow this  
mjleprix1

airports in scenery area 0303 won't load

Very strange one here in that although the area 0303 is active in the scenery config. no airports in that area will load, fsx just freezes. I have reinstalled that area from a back up copy \i always keep for emergencies but still no joy. I cann't figure out what could be causing it. Flying over that area there are no textures but there is a land mass. Anyone have any ideas. I would be grateful .

Many Thanks

Mjleprix

Any addon scenery in that area?  It may be a matter of unchecking addons until it comes back.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Nothing new in that area at all, unfortunately and I unchecked all my addon sceneries to check just that but no joy. It is a mystery and i'm usually pretty good at sorting out problems. i just cann't get my head around this one, but thanks for the pointer.

Mjp

the area 0303 is active in the scenery config.

Is it active in the Scenery Library.

Are you checking the right scenery.cfg?

The active scenery.cfg is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

FWIW, I have 196 files inside the \0303 area for FSX Gold. Anything less than that might/should cause problems.

196 files are correct and I am activating the correct config in Program data\microsoft\ fsx. But many thanksks for your thoughts and ideas. 

MJP