Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

ASN for 2.5+ Hotfix in open beta

That's easy to test - just uninstall FSDT in the windows program manager and answer yes to everything it wants to uninstall. Then fire up P3D, if you make it without CTD it is FSDT. Same here...when I uninstall it it's running fine for hours, with the new FSDT Add-On Manager I get CTDs in less than a minute.

yeap...I am going to uninstall Fsdream today....fly same route..I will post later

Thanks

Great re ASN. Have been missing it since installing V2.5+hotfix.

FSRealWXLite is a good free standby weather engine when ASN is offline. Great little addon and works out the box in V2.5+

Regards

Adam

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Hummm not just "P3D has stop working need to close"..to be honest I dont know were locate the CDT log..however Yes I have the suspicious that Fsdream Add manager is creating CTDs....I am testing today...

See the AVSIM CTD Guide for suggestions on troubleshooting and checking the Event View and running AppCrashView to see what is the faulting module.  You can disable all of your fsdt scenery in the Scenery Library, run p3d and, if no error, it is likely the fsdt scenery.  You can also move the dll.xml and exe.xml to a temporary folder to see if this fixes the problem.  If so, it could be a bad entry in one of those files. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'd also like to add to this that i was receiving CTD's in P3D 2.5 with Addon Manager and uninstalled it and now no crashes...

Wasn't even flying with FSDT scenery or using GSX at the time, just crashed at any airports, scenarios etc.

I'd also like to add to this that i was receiving CTD's in P3D 2.5 with Addon Manager and uninstalled it and now no crashes...

Wasn't even flying with FSDT scenery or using GSX at the time, just crashed at any airports, scenarios etc.

Is it also the "Stackhash_0a9e" error when you get the CTD?

Would you mind posting to the FSDT forums? Me and another member on here already have to a post called "Prepar3D v2 Hotfix" in the General Discussion Board. So far they seem sceptical that it's really FSDT causing this...

For me, as i stated in previous posts, with P3D hot-fix and latest add-on manager or any FSDT add-on, I get CTD StackHash_0a9e module error like crazy. This is without the ASN latest beta version.

I'm going to try the last ASN version without any FSDT add ons and see if I get no CTD's.

Sergio Naiberg

with the new FSDT Add-On Manager I get CTDs in less than a minute.

Sure glad I check these forums now before falling  for the allure of the hotfix again....

was going to update now that ASN is updated...but I will wait your clearance to takeoff/upgrade as i 2 use FSDT and FlightBeam stuff a lot

SO in conclusion do you think it is FSDT or the addon manager (do the others work ?)

Is it also the "Stackhash_0a9e" error when you get the CTD?

Would you mind posting to the FSDT forums? Me and another member on here already have to a post called "Prepar3D v2 Hotfix" in the General Discussion Board. So far they seem sceptical that it's really FSDT causing this...

Yes Stackhash 0a93 error here too and after uninstalling and re-installing and testing one by one I can hands down confirm Addon Manager is the cause for me at least.

It is only when installing ANY FSDT product which obviously requires Addon manager that I am having this...

Sure glad I check these forums now before falling for the allure of the hotfix again....

was going to update now that ASN is updated...but I will wait your clearance to takeoff/upgrade as i 2 use FSDT and FlightBeam stuff a lot

SO in conclusion do you think it is FSDT or the addon manager (do the others work ?)

They posted some updated files on the FSDT forum (for now you manually have to put them in your installation folder after installing the Addon Manager). Initial testing looks promising - I only had a chance to test for some 20 minutes last night, but it went without a CTD. Before I got back to my Windows screen in usually less than a minute. Others seem to have completed full flights with this temporary fix, so it looks as if the Hotfix is good to install now...