Sign in to follow this  
feartioli

Extra Activations Exceeded for PMDG 777

Dear friends,

I would like a help to know how I can request for PMDG a new activation key for 777-200 / 300.

The reason for that is due to a computer format that I had to for some times and with this procedure I have to activate for some time the PMDG 777-200 me now when I try to activate I receive a message saying that the extra activations was exceede.

I had bought the PMDG so I believe that I have right to have a new key, right?

If someone could help me I will be very grateful for this!

Regards,

Felipe Artioli

Dear friends,

I would like a help to know how I can request for PMDG a new activation key for 777-200 / 300.

The reason for that is due to a computer format that I had to for some times and with this procedure I have to activate for some time the PMDG 777-200 me now when I try to activate I receive a message saying that the extra activations was exceede.

I had bought the PMDG so I believe that I have right to have a new key, right?

If someone could help me I will be very grateful for this!

Regards,

Felipe Artioli

Hi Felipe,

Welcome to the forum.

For your query i would suggest you raise a ticket at the Pmdg support portal. The guys at PMDG are very helpful and should be able to resolve your issue.

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Dear Clinton,

Thank you for your fast repply!

I tried to send an email for them but I didn´t find an email for that.

Do you know where can i find this?

I just read that I had post the message in the Avsim forum.

Regards

Felipe Artioli

Brazil

And next time you need to format you can free up your license through the FMC itself

And next time you need to format you can free up your license through the FMC itself

Hello Pankaj,

I am just waiting for 737 rolls out the hangar to purchase and fly her.

I am the guy who reformat the computer more than normal due to the fact that I test programs and then the computer gets too dirty. The only way is to reformat.

I am thinking I am going to be in trouble if every time we install PMDG then we have to activate. I have had problem with Microsoft Windows after reformating several times with the same Serial Number. In fact the software is only on one computer but to them it looks like I am installing it on more than one.

You mention the solution is on the FMC itself. Is it possible to free the license by a crazy computer boy who reformats every other day?

Thank you very much,

Rafael Rodriguez

Is it possible to free the license by a crazy computer boy who reformats every other day?

Yes and no. Like Microsoft, it'll error out after a little while for us even if you return it and reinstall it too many times within a set period.

As someone who tests programs myself, though, I'm not quite sure I agree with reformatting an entire OS all the time. Are you sure it's absolutely required?

Kyle Rodgers

Yes and no. Like Microsoft, it'll error out after a little while for us even if you return it and reinstall it too many times within a set period.

As someone who tests programs myself, though, I'm not quite sure I agree with reformatting an entire OS all the time. Are you sure it's absolutely required?

Thank you for your quick answer Kyle. I understand and I will try to be a good boy. I have to put together another computer for the messy job. Probably that helps.

Not every other day but sometimes I reformat.

Thank you again for your hard work!

Have an excellent weekend!

Rafael Rodriguez

I have this problem!

Due to a problem on my computer, I had to make a hardware exchange and after that my motherboard was changed into warranty. Every time I first uninstalled the 777, but now that I've solved the problem on the computer, the key does not work and PMDG support denied reactivating the key and told me to buy the product again. I have been a PMDG customer since 2014, I bought all Boeing products, some in the FSX version and then in the P3D version, now I do not know how to use my 777 because I had 3 installments in the last 6 months and it seems that I no longer own the product.

Sorry for my bad English...

6 hours ago, Alexandre Mendes Souza said:

I have this problem!

Due to a problem on my computer, I had to make a hardware exchange and after that my motherboard was changed into warranty. Every time I first uninstalled the 777, but now that I've solved the problem on the computer, the key does not work and PMDG support denied reactivating the key and told me to buy the product again. I have been a PMDG customer since 2014, I bought all Boeing products, some in the FSX version and then in the P3D version, now I do not know how to use my 777 because I had 3 installments in the last 6 months and it seems that I no longer own the product.

Sorry for my bad English...

PMDG do not normally tell you to buy the product again unless you have had a ridiculous number of activations.

FYI, PMDG Require your full name signed in all posts.

10 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

PMDG do not normally tell you to buy the product again unless you have had a ridiculous number of activations.

FYI, PMDG Require your full name signed in all posts.

Yes, I know That. But as I said, I had some hard problems in my computer, as a costumer since 2014, I bought all Boieng PMDG products and I have never asked this kind of help. The ridiculous number of activations (3). I just ask a help.

Ok, you're right, I am going to buy a brand new one and everybody could be happy .

My Full name: Alexandre Mendes de Souza, It Appears for me. 

Best Regards

21 minutes ago, Alexandre Mendes Souza said:

The ridiculous number of activations (3)

Why is it a ridiculous number?! It's more than enough. Just remember to deactivate/unregister the product in the FMC of the plane, before uninstalling it. It's quite simple... I've done it a lot of times. No problems.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

28 minutes ago, Alexandre Mendes Souza said:

Yes, I know That. But as I said, I had some hard problems in my computer, as a costumer since 2014, I bought all Boieng PMDG products and I have never asked this kind of help. The ridiculous number of activations (3). I just ask a help.

For the record, I simply asked why you had three different activations on three different computers within six months. It wasn't the number of activations overall - it was the number of activations on different computers. The license agreement only allows for two installs, on up to two computers that are yours, for your own use.

Please take a moment to look at it from our angle. If you saw three activations in close succession, it looks like the key might be shared. This is why I asked if you had an explanation. All I needed was some sort of story that matched up with what I was seeing. If I was trying to tell you that I wasn't going to give you more activations then I would've specifically stated "we're not giving you more activations." Instead, I simply asked the reason behind the three activations in such short succession. That's all.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Why is it a ridiculous number?! It's more than enough. Just remember to deactivate/unregister the product in the FMC of the plane, before uninstalling it. It's quite simple... I've done it a lot of times. No problems.

Ok, as a said, you're absolutely right.  I really  thought it was enough to uninstall the program and the key would be deactivated for new installation, my mistake. Now I know about FMC option. My Fault.

As a custumer, i just resquested a help to PMDG, I am very disappointed, but it was my mistake about the uninstallation procedures, it was not clear to me. I bought a lot of PMDG products, I've never had key activations problems, my first time, my first attempt to solve, but it was a costumer mistake... Going to buy a new one. It's ok.

Sorry for my poor English, I from Brazil

3 minutes ago, Alexandre Mendes Souza said:

Going to buy a new one. It's ok.

Do not buy a new one. As I stated in my last post, we are not denying you more activations. I never said that here, and I never said that in my response back to you yesterday. I had a simple question: why so many activations in such a short period of time? If I was dissatisfied with the response, I would've responded and explained why. I never told you that we wouldn't return the key, though, and I definitely never told you to purchase the aircraft again.

Please be mindful of the discussion we're having. If I ask a question, I simply need a response to the question (without the assumption that I'm accusing you of anything). From there, we can continue the discussion, and the necessary steps to resolve the issue.

Kyle Rodgers