Sign in to follow this  
condorhawka

PMDG 777 No GPWS, TCAS, Buttons, Lever sounds

Hi.

So this has been a really old topic: After reinstalling the T7 for some technical issues, the sounds in the FSX/sound/PMDG/777x is apparently unhearable. I'm having the same problem with the 747x, and yes, it is a legitimate  copy of the T7. I would appreciate anyone who can help! It's a really beautiful bird!

Sorry for being lazy and not searching in the 10000+ topics for a solution.

Hi.

So this has been a really old topic: After reinstalling the T7 for some technical issues, the sounds in the FSX/sound/PMDG/777x is apparently unhearable. I'm having the same problem with the 747x, and yes, it is a legitimate  copy of the T7. I would appreciate anyone who can help! It's a really beautiful bird!

Nameless,

What do you mean by "apparently unhearable"? You either can hear it or you can't surely?

Perhaps this is a side effect of growing up "back in the day" where we had to manually flip through hardbound books with indices, but it still stumps me as to why someone wouldn't use the search function. It literally does all the work for you, and takes less time than posting a new topic and waiting. It even allows you to even limit the search to our segment of the forum. You don't have to manually read each page-worth of threads to see a matching title.

It's 2015. There's a lot of cool technology out there. Use it to your advantage.

Nice! Thank you! The 777 worked perfectly again! However, (a little off topic) the 747 is still not working...... Jason

Sounds like you need to select your default devices in Windows itself, and also in FSX. Google for the procedures.

Full names in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Perhaps this is a side effect of growing up "back in the day" where we had to manually flip through hardbound books with indices, but it still stumps me as to why someone wouldn't use the search function. It literally does all the work for you, and takes less time than posting a new topic and waiting. It even allows you to even limit the search to our segment of the forum. You don't have to manually read each page-worth of threads to see a matching title.

It's 2015. There's a lot of cool technology out there. Use it to your advantage.

As a rule I am with you 100% on this Kyle. However, The Avsim search function seems to leave a little to be desired sometimes. I have lost count of the times I have searched for something here only for it to be thrown back in my face because it did not have the always forgotten and required "four characters or more" criteria  :Raised Eyebrow: . In a forum about aviation which is a minefield of 3 letter abbreviations this is often infuriating. I wish I could remember exactly what it was I was trying to find once but it all consisted of 3 letter abbreviations and for the life of me I could not come up with any other way of searching for it. It is not really a big deal as in the end I reverted to google to find what I was looking for here and tis true of course you can use google from within the avsim search function but why the four items or less rule I wonder.

Anyhow....sorry for chucking that in there but it is something that has been chipping away at me for a little while now :wink:

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

As a rule I am with you 100% on this Kyle. However, The Avsim search function seems to leave a little to be desired sometimes. I have lost count of the times I have searched for something here only for it to be thrown back in my face because it did not have the always forgotten and required "four characters or more" criteria  :Raised Eyebrow: . In a forum about aviation which is a minefield of 3 letter abbreviations this is often infuriating. I wish I could remember exactly what it was I was trying to find once but it all consisted of 3 letter abbreviations and for the life of me I could not come up with any other way of searching for it. It is not really a big deal as in the end I reverted to google to find what I was looking for here and tis true of course you can use google from within the avsim search function but why the four items or less rule I wonder.

Anyhow....sorry for chucking that in there but it is something that has been chipping away at me for a little while now :wink:

haha - no, I agree. It forces one to get inventive with the query terms, but you're right. It's certainly a pain to have it kick things back on you like that. The DBA side of me can see some of why that's required (the search string is a trimmed *[data]* condition, which has the potential to return a lot of data), but it certainly makes things tough for certain searches.

Kyle Rodgers

The Avsim search function seems to leave a little to be desired sometimes. I have lost count of the times I have searched for something here only for it to be thrown back in my face because it did not have the always forgotten and required "four characters or more" criteria

Searching within AVSIM can be a pain, but if you search from google and include site:avsim.net in the search terms it works very well.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have lost count of the times I have searched for something here only for it to be thrown back in my face because it did not have the always forgotten and required "four characters or more" criteria :Raised Eyebrow:

Seems to work if the three characters are put in quotes, e.g. "777".

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

(the search string is a trimmed *[data]* condition, which has the potential to return a lot of data)

I was thinking something along those lines mate but I still hate it :rolleyes:

Searching within AVSIM can be a pain, but if you search from google and include site:avsim.net in the search terms it works very well.

As I mentioned... I did.

Seems to work if the three characters are put in quotes, e.g. "777".

Haha I never thought of that at that particular time.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2