Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Anyone using a LG 42UB820V 42" Ultra HD 4K TV as a monitor?

I have the opportunity to pick one of these up from a friend, has anyone used one already? Is it a good experience? Is there anything not so good about it please? Thanks K

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

I have a 4K 40" tv as a monitor and I'm really happy with it,. However, I'm sure that there will be someone telling us why we shouldn't be, Take no notice, it's great!

Phil

Had the 49 inch version and returned it for the 49ub850v as the 820s cannot display 4k 444 colour at 60hz so if 30hz is good enough then go for it if the price is right.

If you dont have 444 colour you will have issues with certain things not displaying right. I tried it at 30hz but personally I needed 60hz for desktop work and gaming. If it is a friend's try you computer with it first maybe?

Chris.

I have been using this TV for several months with no issues in FSX or P3D 2.5. Im using it with a 780ti over HDMI and it is far better than my previous set up with three 24 inch monitors - I hated the bezels.

As stated above, you may have issues if you use it for desktop work as the fonts in word for example are not as clear as a monitor. However it is perfectly usable - I'm writing this response on it. The other issue I've observed is with certain applications not supporting high DPI scaling (like the PMDG Operations Center for example) where the last letter in a line of text may not be viewable or the layout may be slightly 'corrupted'. This does not affect the application but makes it slightly odd to look at and use. I could probably adjust it by tweaking windows.

The simulator itself and aircraft such as the PMDG777 and 737, scenery etc dont appear to have any issues. I would never go back to multiscreens.

I use a 40 inch TV (HD not 4K) and it's great.  Before I bought it I was worried it might be too big since I'm sitting right in front of it.  It's not, and I could've gone a size bigger no problem.  It's great for gaming.