Sign in to follow this  
keeble

flying dir/to a waypoint in 737ngx

Can someone help me with a simple task of flying "Dir"  to a waypoint after a weather diversion or atc diversion from the planned route,  or asking for a Dir to waypoint  to save time.   The Airbus FMC menu has a DIR button that makes it easy.   Thanks      Keith  Bailey

Can someone help me with a simple task of flying "Dir"  to a waypoint after a weather diversion or atc diversion from the planned route,  or asking for a Dir to waypoint  to save time.   The Airbus FMC menu has a DIR button that makes it easy.   Thanks      Keith  Bailey

Downselect the 'direct to' waypoint name to the CDU scratchpad by pressing the line select key next to it in the LEGS page. Then insert it at as the next wayppoint by using the top left line select key on LEGS page 1.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If you go in to the legs page, click the line select key next to the waypoint you want to go direct to to select it, and then click line select key 1L to make the chosen waypoint the next one in the list. Hit exec and you will go direct to the chosen waypoint, if LNAV is active ofcourse.

sig1.png
sig2.png

You're welcome.

Just a tip from a fellow (PMDG) forum user to another, sign your post with your full name as required per PMDG forum rules to prevent your posts from being deleted. As far as I know you need to do this in every reply you make, so the easiest way is to put it in your signature. Read more about it here.

sig1.png
sig2.png

This (and other great in-flight route modification tips) are covered in great detail in page 94 of Tutorial 2.

Cheers.

Matt Webb

Thanks Matt I'll check it out.           Keith Bailey

Sorry Luc, I did know this but my bad!     I am waiting for the time when I can add it in the profile,  so far it wont let me, something to do with being new on the forums.     Keith Bailey

Thanks Matt I'll check it out.           Keith Bailey

Sorry Luc, I did know this but my bad!     I am waiting for the time when I can add it in the profile,  so far it wont let me, something to do with being new on the forums.     Keith Bailey

Oh really, I didn't know about that. Anyway, to be honest I personally couldn't care less wether you do it or not, it might just be confusing and frustrating for you finding out your post have been removed, so it was just a tip. I'm not a moderator (or self proclaimed forum cop :P ).

sig1.png
sig2.png

Hi Keith,

As Matt mentioned above and I will reiterate, you would do really well for yourself to read the Introduction manual in it's entirety and then do Tutorial 1 and Tutorial 2 even multiple times to fully understand the concepts. You'll save yourself a lot of grief. There is also a very good tutorial by Tom Risager here in the AVSIM library. You should always come here if you have a question, but those resources will answer a tremendous number of the questions that often get asked here.

Dave

Dave Paige

Thanks Dave, I'm slowly working my way through all the paperwork and Tutorials, lot of stuff to absorb,  its not like the 172 I used to fly  LOL    Will get there eventually.   Keith Bailey